After Whitney's evaluation we dropped off the film from Ethan's photo shoot and then had to go to the PG Police Department to take care of my speeding ticket. As we were walking in Whitney said, "we're not going to jail right?" I forget that she's only 5 sometimes.
I could have just paid the $82 for the speeding ticket, but I can keep it off my record by going to traffic school in a few weeks. So I ended up paying $142. I guess you can't fight city hall (ha, I've never had a reason to say that before), but it sure feels like extortion to me.I've talked to Kristi and Tasha today, picked up Ethan's photos and put them in an album, talked to a couple people from church about various activities, and have a few more items to prepare for church.
Tonight is Enrichment and I'm in charge of the car pool drivers and organizing rides for the activity, then I'm cutting out early to go to Book Club Amy's for our book club celebration of my birthday (6 weeks after the fact). I enjoy these things and look forward to them, but definitely experience some anxiety because I don't like being the center of attention. I'm trying to get over that and just be a grown-up, but I tend to experience some self-sabotage when it comes to events like this.
I haven't gotten any good mail or sent any this week so far and I want to remedy that. I have a couple things in the works, but have let my mind get cluttered with all the details of everything I have to do this week. Annoying.
**I can't think of any questions, but surely you can say something.**
18 comments:
Paying more for traffic school is extortion if you ask me- I mean you should get a discount for taking the class because really it is supposed to make you a somewhat better driver and all that- so they should be grateful.
I bet Whitney is going to just love school and if they are smart they will snatch you up for everything since you are such a diverse person and would be great to help with anything. I loved having my mom there as the room mom- until I was older of course and would have done anything to get her NOT to be our room mom.
Have fun tonight! I love that they are celebrating you- you totally deserve to be the center of attention. Can't wait to hear all the details :)
I think it is great that you can help out so much in the class room. I feel like the first 3 kids are getting the bum deal with that. It is hard having so many little ones at home and finding someone to watch them so I can go in and help. The last two kids I am sure will be sick of me being there in the class. I guess there is a time and a season for everything.
Maybe the melancholy comes from realizing your "baby" is a baby no longer. She is self sufficient enough to go to school.
Such a hard thing to realize sometimes.
Be on the lookout for some Good Mail soon! ;)
Dana
Happy Birthday 6 months ago! I hope you can bask in the attention tonight!
You are great to volunteer AND home school too. What a woman!
Bummer about the ticket....I tried to fight a few parking tickets and lost.
I know the teacher so grateful to have you! What a joy to get you as a volunteer!! I wish I had you! I could sure put you to work in my room
I have put my hours in at traffic school.. always a special treat to sit thru that class!! Hope you pass the test!!!
Love the comment about the police dept. They are just too cute sometimes aren't they!!
hey it is better to pay a little bit instead of having your insurance go up!. Good grief...you must be hormonal...why??? you are never fretting anything....well hey congratulations on your celebration today and take advantage of having a nice party in your honor...send me a little letter...i miss them.
Thanks so much for your help today. I ruined my sidebar, but I think I can fit that myself. It was fun to hear what your voice sounded like, it sounded how I expected it to!
BTW- Traffic school X2! In Utah and Nevada!
How fun to have a 6 month belated party! Maybe that will make up for your non-good mail day.
Traffic school sucks. Luckily here in Texas they allow you to pay an additional $25 on top of your ticket to get it off your record. As long as you don't get a ticket within 90 days. I think traffic school was double that. Good grief!
Hey, I didn't know that you needed a car to get to church in Utah. Is this for the oldies? Aren't you all about a block or two within the church? :-) That's actually a good idea. I hope your bday celebration was fun!
I love Whitney's comments (mow-lawner and the jail). Those are the words you want to write down for history. Sadly, I would have a book of "Mindyisms" (thank you David for coining the phrase) if we wrote down the words I flip or say in the wrong context! My mom does it too, so it must be genetic! Bummer on the ticket- what a rip off!
she forgot the rectangle! that is too cute!
ugh..i paid for my traffic school but then NEVER went - it was one of those online ones too- i hope there isnt a warrant out for my arrest or anything!??!?!
i went to traffic school in utah and was SHOCKED that it was ONLY 1/2 day and i got a free pencil after it was over!! AMAZING!
I had a funny and whitty comment and blogger kicked me out. ARGH!
Enjoy your day and the celebration around it. You'll have a great time and I know that there will be good food.
Tickets suck!
You'll be a great room mom and you'll enjoy every minute of it. I sure that Whitney is so excited about school. Hope she has a good first day.
My other post was much better, but now I'm working under time constraints...have to get ready to go to an all day meeting for work. Yeah.
There are always things to say! It is funny how we forget the true ages of our children. I mena we always know how old they are chronolgically, but we expect so much more from them because they seem so old to us compared to what they used to be. I had a strong reminder of this when Kaitlin wen to visit her grandparents recently. I think of her as being so old, but then I heard her voice on the phone. It was so little and baby-ish. I was forced to remember that she's only two!
You are a Supermom! It's great that you're willing to be so involved with Whitney's class. You might as well do it now while she still will think it's cool to have you around. Of course some of it is seperation anxiety (that's normal!) but I doubt that you will ever regret that you were there for all the things you get to be there for.
Jill, I loved this blog and the picture of your paid ticket. I particiculary loved the comments too, that Whitney made. Our son Ryan use to call a lawnmower a mow-lawner. I thought he would never say it right. He called a turtleneck shirt- a
long-necker.
I took my kids in for their open house last night. Rachel seemed a little nervous about it, but once she saw her desk and her classroom, she was totally fine with it all. Tyler can't wait, but I worry that he'll try to go play with the toys too much. I'm looking forward to the start of school!
Lucas used to say mow-lawner, too. Of course Whitney would be able to identify the smell!!
I agree that traffic school should be some kind of a discount, not twice as much! Good grief. They ought to pay YOU for enduring the sheer hellish boredom of it all. (I've never actually been to traffic school, but I've watched a lot of SpongeBob.)
And yes, you do need to be a grown-up about letting your friends celebrate you and make you the center of attention for one night!
I love being able to read about every little thing you guys have done and what the kids have said. I especially love, "It's the mow-lawner". So darling and, "We're not going to jail, right?" How cute is that asked just so matter-of-factly. Where is Landon in all of this? Did he go to IHOP too? What's his take on Whitney going to such a big school, etc. Does he have any interest in trying it out sometime?
i'm glad you're volunteering. i think you will feel much better once you get in there and see what school is like.
I just love the things that whitney says. they certainly do crack me up. she has a way.
sucks about the ticket.
Post a Comment