Tuesday, January 02, 2007

100 Things About Me

My new blogging friend Kelly posted a list of 100 things about herself, which then inspired my other new blogging friend Annalisa to do the same. I thought it was so interesting to read that I decided to do the same. I hope you all will too.
  1. I love taking pictures.
  2. I love cloudy days and rain.
  3. I’m constantly writing letters or blog posts in my head.
  4. I love to read on my bed under a cozy blanket.
  5. I love buying books.
  6. I love having a clean house.
  7. I always have music playing.
  8. It’s incredibly important to me to be thoughtful.
  9. I like to laugh.
  10. I like to play games.
  11. I love the smell of Citrus Clorox Wipes!
  12. I love Lays potato chips with Ranch dip (sour cream and a regular packet of ranch salad dressing mix).
  13. I am highly motivated by the desire NOT to be a flake.
  14. I care about the people I’m in charge of at church.
  15. I have a desire to do what’s right, even if my first response doesn’t seem like it.
  16. I love sending mail.
  17. I love going to the movies.
  18. I love rearranging furniture and organizing my house.
  19. I have lived in Utah, Missouri, Ohio, California & Michigan.
  20. I love the beach.
  21. I wish I could teleport so that I wouldn’t have to actually travel.
  22. I love my friends.
  23. I wish I were thin.
  24. I was most-spirited in my high school graduating class.
  25. I hated my time at BYU.
  26. My favorite cd of last year was Going Somewhere by Colin Hay.
  27. I have sex dreams about comedians (sense of humor is the most attractive quality to me).
  28. I don’t remember most of what I read.
  29. I’m terrible at math.
  30. My love languages are gifts & acts of service.
  31. I am usually too warm.
  32. I wear practical shoes.
  33. I hate high fashion.
  34. I hate jazz music.
  35. I get queasy when I think of spiders.
  36. I’m afraid of sharks.
  37. I’m not a strong swimmer.
  38. I am good at sports, though too fat to play them anymore.
  39. I love planting flowers and watching them grow.
  40. I love having a yard to work in.
  41. I wish we owned this house.
  42. I enjoy chewing pebble ice.
  43. I love smooth-writing black pens.
  44. I am addicted to paper and stationery.
  45. I hate my neck and chins.
  46. I like my toes and always have them painted.
  47. I wish my skin was softer.
  48. I gave up diet Coke in September 2005!
  49. I drink about 80 ounces of water a day.
  50. I like grocery shopping.
  51. I love to give gifts.
  52. I am going to Paris in the spring.
  53. I have never been out of the country.
  54. I hate to travel.
  55. I don’t have a passport.
  56. I like cute pencils.
  57. I’m still best-friends with my closest friend from high school.
  58. I asked my husband out first.
  59. I can’t sing and that completely bums me out.
  60. I am shy in groups, but not one on one.
  61. I have always had a best friend and tend to make friends easily.
  62. I am very sarcastic.
  63. I love cantaloupe when it’s perfectly ripe.
  64. I could eat roast, potatoes, gravy and rolls every Sunday forever.
  65. I don't want pets (my policy is "nothing that poops") but would have 2 cats if I did.
  66. I hate feeling scattered and cluttered in body & mind.
  67. I get headaches in bright sunlight.
  68. I like to recycle and go out of my way to do it.
  69. I love the smell of Downey fresh laundry.
  70. I love to vacuum and think it’s the greatest tool ever.
  71. I make lists but often misplace them.
  72. Fall is my very favorite season, then Spring, then Summer, then Winter.
  73. I HATE to iron.
  74. I don’t eat seafood, chicken, or eggs (except for Wendy’s chicken nuggets).
  75. I will never get a perm again in this life.
  76. I didn’t go on a mission, but I wanted to go to Spain if I could have chosen where to go.
  77. I was afraid I would never get married and have kids (should an 18-21 year old have those fears? Idiot.)
  78. My nails are brittle and break easily.
  79. My eyes are blue.
  80. I have a crooked smile.
  81. I wore braces for 2 years 2 months and 11 days.
  82. I hate going to the dentist.
  83. I saw my dermatologist at Target last night (weird).
  84. I love having my pantry stocked.
  85. My favorite musicians are James Taylor, Shawn Colvin, Tracy Chapman, The Indigo Girls and John Mayer.
  86. I hate going to plays and musicals (it’s too embarrassing).
  87. I would like to be more easygoing.
  88. If I could go back to a certain year of life I’d go back to 17.
  89. I wouldn’t want to relive any of my life again.
  90. I wish I had a better memory.
  91. I would like to be able to live more in the moment rather than in the past or the future.
  92. I often take pictures in my head before I even get some place.
  93. I have bungee jumped before.
  94. I was a cheerleader in high school (oh no not that).
  95. I wish I was an early riser, but really love staying in bed.
  96. I love notebooks.
  97. I could shop at Paper Source every single day.
  98. I get headaches from certain smells.
  99. I love double stick tape.
  100. I want to be a better mother.
**Are we similar at all??
Will you make a list too?**

43 comments:

Kristen said...

Your awesome! That was great to find out more about you, we are similar in a lot of ways!! I would love to make a list, I may have to think about it...I don't know if I could come up with 100 things!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard Shawn Colvin in ages, but love her music. I have pathetically lost touch with so much that I used to enjoy...the joys of having two babies so quickly, I suppose. Thanks for the reminder...I will have to look some of her stuff up again.

I love these lists, too & am working on mine. I'm very jealous about the spring in Paris item, but sorry you don't love traveling. I'm sure you'll manage to enjoy the trip anyhow!

Anonymous said...

Great post- I never would have guessed the cheerleader thing- never! You crack me up. I am so on the same page with practical shoes and hating high fashion. Comfort is key in my book.

I am not sure if I could come up with 100 interesting things but figure it will be fun to try either way.

Anonymous said...

Yea! I love your list! I have many things in common - wishing I could teleport, loving to buy books, and having a thing for smooth-writing black pens, paper, stationery and notebooks. And, of course, the jazz thing!

I can't believe you have bungee jumped! I am quite sure I would die if I tried -- and it would be of a heart attack on the way down.

I'm so excited by all the 100 lists!

Anonymous said...

Jill - I am struck with the question - how many of your 100 did your husband not know about you? any?

We share much (taking pictures, books and cozy blankets, always having music playing) and I suspect much else. I recognize much of myself in you. I particularly liked your details (smooth-writing pens, your fab 17th year, etc.)
I wish I could get on your water bandwagon, however. Maybe next year's resolution?

Thanks!

Julia said...

What a great list! I can't believe you were a cheerleader in high school!

It is funny how we can be so similar in many ways but also so different. Unfortunately for me, I love impractical shoes and I strongly dislike rain and hate the wind. I can't believe you hate jazz-- you obviously haven't heard good jazz!

Anonymous said...

What a great list. I don't know if i could make a list of 100 things. Maybe 50 things.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! It was surprisingly easy to think of 100. After I made the list I thought I should have added that I am big on recycling.
Since you were a cheerleader, I suppose I'm supposed to hate you :). And I am petrified of heights (how did that no make my list? I guess cuz I'm afraid of everything!) so I could never bungee jump.
The sense of humor thing cracks me up because I am the same way! Well maybe not the sex dreams, but I did have a dream about Conan O'Brian the other night.
So jealous you are going to be in Paris. If you want any good tourist info, let me know, my husband is loaded with them.
What you didn't already know about me: I write in my head, I refuse to iron, I have perm trauma, I had braces to correct my overbite. I hate potato chips, jazz, and feeling scattered. I love buying books, playing games, the scent of Citrus wipes (weird!), arranging furniture, pebble ice (who doesn't?), cantaloupe, movies, and notebooks.

Amie said...

The two things I learned. I had NO idea you asked Randy out first. I never connected that you will eat Wendy's "chicken" nuggets with your no chicken policy.

What I struggle with most? You being a spirited cheerleader. The pictures can't convince me - I need to see it.

Fun read!

Amie said...

Make that three things - you bungee jumped?! Why can I picture that but not the cheerleader Jill?

becca said...

I am laughing so hard and OUT LOUD!! Most Spirited AND a cheerleader....I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED!!! I am also dying about the sex dreams with comdedians...are you serious??? This was the most fun post ever, I feel like I know you better...I don't think I could even come up with 100 things about me (I am a little boring :)

Anonymous said...

I read those posts yesterday too and thought it was a very cool idea. You learn so much about a person I think. I had no idea you were a cheerleader. That for sure we share a commonality in. I am also all about practical shoes and probably only own about 7 pairs.

How funny about teleporting. The first thing that came to mind is that guy in Heroes the tv series. That is his power. I wish you had that. Fun to go to Paris this spring. I wish I could hide in your luggage to tag along.

Maybe this would be a good post sometime this week.

Anonymous said...

That was just about the coolest list I have read in awhile!

We have lots of things in common. Especially our love for Cafe Rio salads! We must go there sometime soon, you and I!

And you will never guess who I have sex dreams about....LOL! I am an odd duck! ;)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your list. I have to laugh that you were a cheerleader, I can't picture it, except that you do make friends easily and that seems to be a quality that cheerleaders have. I also learned recentely from Jessie that Michelle was a cheerleader, that I didn't picture either except that you are both beautiful so who knows!
We have a lot in common, I love clean houses, reading, stationary, I hate eggs won't cook them ever for my kids. I do love to travel and hope to live out of the country some day.
I loved getting to know you better. I will try a list, I don't think i'm interesting enough for 100 items but I'll try. Your sex dream comment cracks me up!

michelle said...

I love your list! I wish you could teleport too -- it would make things so much easier.

I can't believe you bungee jumped, I can definitively say I will never be doing that.

The sex dreams about comedians are interesting to me... I guess I'm not that into comedy!

melanie said...

I read Kelly's list, then Annalisa's, now yours, I'm sure I'll copy. I love random facts! I know it will take me 2 days. I need focus to finish it and that hasn't been around for a couple weeks. Wish me luck! Your list is great!

We are alike in many ways. I love to laugh, love cloudy days and light rain, Fall is my favorite season with the other 3 in the same order, I love to take pictures and I'm always taking pictures in my head of people and places, I hate to iron so bad I hardly EVER do it (Amie would shudder!), and I would love to be more easy going! I'm sure there are more, these are just the ones that stuck out.

Doodle Bugs said...

I have a list! I will try and post it tonight!

And I am a huge Tracy Chapman fan!!!

Laurie said...

I enjoyed your list!

We have much in common - love Pebble ice and smooth black pens, hate high fashion, don’t remember most of what I read, love the beach, love my friends, attracted to humor, love movies, love doing right even when I don’t, like to laugh, play games, love to be thoughtful, hate to iron, love a stocked pantry, fall is my favorite and then spr, summ, wint, still friends with my oldest and closest friends, love having a yard to work in, wish I was an earlier riser

I will post a list b/c I often don't think I'm in touch enough with what I do and don't like.

Alison said...

All my sex dreams are about Conan.

Anonymous said...

Well, we have much more in common than we don't!! I also was a cheerleader in high school. And I don't remember what I read either, ESPECIALLY scriptures! I'm horrible that way. (I'm even that way about movies.)

I hate ironing. Fall is my favorite season. But you know, I love chicken and I have never bungee jumped!!!

Anonymous said...

jill, i can't keep up with all of your great posts! i read annalisa's post today too and have started a list in my head. i hope to post it soon. i love reading these about people. very good idea.

i too hate feeling scattered (even though i am at times) and write blog posts and cards in my head continually. if only i could get more of them posted and in the mail! i also LOVE taking photos.

Melinda said...

I am amazed at how much we are alike. The whole traveling thing, headaches from smells.
This post was great and I think I may just have to do one. It will be interesting to see what I can come up with. THanks for sharing and I like knowing all the little stuff. It is fun to get to know a little more about you.

Anonymous said...

1. When and where did you live in Missouri? 2. Which comedians? 3. Are you SURE you've given jazz a proper chance?

Anonymous said...

Man if Conan knew how popular he was!

I should mention about ironing: I put my loads in the dryer for 10 minutes at the lowest temperature possible and then I take out everything that isn't sweats and underwear and hang it up. Tees and jeans (what gets folded) on my drying rack and pants, skirts, and shirts (what gets hung) on hangers.
I borrowed a skirt from my neighbor and when I returned it she asked me if I ironed it. No way. I don't iron anything. Try it.

Anonymous said...

Hoory for #25! I too hated my time at BYU. I always felt that everybody was those yellow smiley faced stickers and I was the ugly green frowny faced poison control sticker. Being there for my brothers graduation last spring brought back all the miserable memories, I got the heebee-jeebees just walking around campus. Ugh. At least I had you as a good friend to help me through it!

And seriously, I am so jealous of Paris in the springtime. Just think, Spain is just a train ride away and you can do things you never could if you were on a mission. Barcelona was my second favorite European city, after Rome of course.

Anonymous said...

What a great list. I have several similarities. Yum, pebble ice!

Buffy said...

That is great!! What a neat idea. I can relate to your 100 things in many ways. I will have to create a list. How fun to learn more about everyone!

everything pink! said...

i have thought of doing this for months . i sat down last night and wrote 72 in about 5 mintutes. but honestly am so afraid to post it. maybe i will make another 100 list that is less revealing. why do i get so afraid of that. weird

i love reading about you it was like a good book that i ddin't want to end. i was hoping 100 would never come

Anonymous said...

Cool list--even though I felt like I knew most of that stuff about you it's nice to read it again. My friend Nicole did this when she reached 100 posts--of course I think she only got to about 20 things, and then she got too busy to finish. Wouldn't it be great is we all made a 10 list? Think of the potentail for ideas for good mail! I'll have to make an attempt.

Jordan said...

Yes, we're very similar, and I will make a list. Loved yours. your going to Paris!!!!!?

Anonymous said...

When sista Anna, then sista L posted their 'what makes me, me'- I
wanted to do it too for my blogging journal! THEN Kelly had to go and up to 100!!geesh. But that's a great #, so why not!

While I have been putting together 20 new primary binders(mindless huge task!) I jotted mine down. You beat me to it! I like the range of your list.

Your love languages-I could've guessed from your posts & good mail - are the same as mine!-ciao

Angie said...

This is definitely going to be a post for me soon, that is if I can even think of 100 things about myself!

You are great, and the things I didn't even know about you. A cheerleader, WOW I'm jealous. I tried twice to make it on the squad but, my toe touches weren't good enough and I couldn't tumble to save my life.

So many things you like and dislike are very similar to me. I love the smell of clorox wipes, I hate math, I like to laugh...

I'm so glad I got to know so much more about you.

Liz said...

Your list is great! THe sex dreams one is killing me!! I read those other two 100 things posts, and thought what an interesting idea. I will have to try and come up with 100 things.

Anonymous said...

What I love about these lists is that it quickly lets us get to know someone. So fun to read yours! I share some of the same things - love of vacuuming, movies, toes painted, my best year was my 17th! But I have to draw the line at grocery shopping. I hate going!
Thanks for sharing! So fun to read!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a list! I don't think I could think of 100 things about myself.

What do I have in common with you? I was a cheerleader in high school. I love books, reading in bed, blogging. I enjoy pebble ice also, even if my dentist warns me every time I go in. I had braces in high school, though not as long as you! I have not had a caffeinated Dr. Pepper since 1999. A long time. I'm so envious that you are getting to go to Paris! What fun you will have, and we will all live vicariously through your blog (hint)! I am also very sarcastic and it has gotten me into more trouble with my teenagers as they like to take me quite literally. I so enjoyed getting to know more about you. You are so much fun!

amy gretchen said...

Such a great idea. I will have to do the same. It's so cool how we inspire each other on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Kristi put it so well, it was like a good book.

The sex dream stuff cracked me up...it made me remember that my most vivid of those types of dreams had Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer in it. I don't even really watch that show (an occasional re-run). Strange indeed.

stefanie said...

Such a fantastic list. I always find your blog to be very entertaining - your love of life and family is very inspiring to me. Since I really don't know you at all, I definitely learned alot about you, but I must say - I would have never guessed you were a cheerleader in high school. I will have to put some thought into my list of 100.

Anonymous said...

such a fun list. i loved the pictures/visuals to go with it. (i'm still not that blogger savy!) it has been so fun to learn more about everyone!

Anonymous said...

very cool list!! you are just a very cool girl!

Heather said...

I loved your list! What a fun way to learn more about you. I am addicted to paper and stationary too. Wrapping paper is a big problem too. I want it all! I especially love reading all cozy under a blanket while it's raining. Something so soothing about it. I can totally relate to the dream about Conan O'brien! I love his humor....not many people I know get it.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your 100 list. I have read quite a few that led me to other's 100 lists and it is so much fun getting to know new people! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

We have 40 things in common. Most notably, I love vacuuming too!