Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lucky Me

I have been thinking about Lelly's Self-Purpose Tuesday assignment since I read it last Friday. Since I don't have any good luck charms I thought I'd get a St. Patty's Day hat from the dollar spot at Target and take my picture wearing that. Of course, I didn't actually go to buy the hat until last night so there were NO hats left. That meant I had to get creative.

I thought of this cute pocket card Kristi sent me (the shamrock fell off and is now buried in my scrap room somewhere) and that led me to think about friends. I actually have a Smugmug gallery called "Lucky to Have Them" with various pictures of friends. So this is my interpretation of today's assignment. I'm lucky to have close friends, lucky to have lots of new blogging friends, and lucky that I enjoy being a friend.

31 comments:

Buffy said...

So true! What would we do without good friends? Cute picture of you.

Amanda :-) said...

Maybe you are lucky to have such great relationships, Jill, but I also believe you reap what you sow. Who would NOT want to befriend that smiley face!

Elizabeth said...

We are lucky to have your friendship!

jenny said...

Great post. I feel lucky to have a few close friends myself as well as you!

Amy said...

Perfect perfect. I feel the same way about friendship & now about blogship as well.

becca said...

Thats a great picture and a perfect post!! I have struggled with what to do for this post because I don't really have any "lucky charms", but I DO FEEL so lucky all the time, and you are so right...how lucky to have great friends!!

Liz said...

What a lucky thing to have! Good friendships! We are sooo lucky to have your friendship too!

Angie said...

I too feel lucky to have great friendships. Thanks for sharing your friendship with us.

Unknown said...

that about somes up 'having good luck' for me!

Libby said...

Sheesh, everyone is coming up with good ideas for this weeks assignment! I am at a loss! You are right about friends though! What would we do without them?

I am Laura said...

Yes you are lucky. We all need this attitude. Thanks for the post.

Price Cream Parlor said...

This is a great take on this assignment! I feel lucky to have found you! Perhaps I should have done a post about JILL! :-)

Michelle Alley said...

Great post! Thanks for reminding us of how important friends are to us!

Anne said...

Great post. I often say to myself that I am so lucky to have the friends in my life that I do. Hopefully I'm a good of friend to them as they are to me!

Elizabeth said...

I agree with Amanda, you absolutely reap what you sow, and you are such an amazing friend yourself, you deserve to have amazing friends in return. The generosity I see between all of you is astounding to me and inspires me to want to be a better, more thoughtful friend myself.

Mandy said...

your post is very true. I hope to never take my friendships for granted. We are all very lucky in that way.

everything pink! said...

this pretty much wins the best of the day for me!

i feel honored my card made the SPT challenge.
so much for me thinking that making them might have been a waste of time.

sista # 2 said...

CUTE! -ciao

amy gretchen said...

You do have magnificent friends and you're definitely a wonderful friend yourself. Lucky indeed.

Diana said...

You are such a wonderful friend to so many people Jill. I can't believe how many lives you have touched through blogging let a lone your non blogging friends.
You are very lucky to have so many good friends in your life and to be such a friend to others.

Emily said...

Lucky indeed!

melanie said...

I love having good friends. It has always been important to me and I do feel lucky because sometimes they are hard to come by. Now I just want to meet all my new blogging friends. That would be awesome!

Laurie said...

Friends are one of the greatest blessings, and you sure have lots of good ones. What a blessing, and there's no doubt you cherish it.

Amie said...

Darn, I wanted to see you in a Leprauchan hat!

You are a good friend. I consider you the friend that taught me that friends are important.

annalisa said...

I don't have a lucky charm either, but I do consider myself extremely lucky. I guess I don't need it.

michelle said...

Cute pic. You sure are photogenic.

I love what Amie said. I feel the same way. You have taught me like no one else what it means to be a true friend. I think I'm the lucky one!

Anonymous said...

How do you manage to look so cute in every picture? (Even the headlamp ones.)

This was a great idea. I definitely feel very lucky (blessed) to have the wonderful friends that I do, and feel so happy that you are one of them.

Anonymous said...

I've decided that friends make the bumps in life bareable and make the victories that much sweeter. You get out of the friendship what you put in and what a rich blessing that is!

Serendipity said...

I've just been going down Lelly's list, and I love how many people made the 'lucky charm list' -- spouses, children -- now friends! Such a great take on the challenge...

Anonymous said...

You are such an example of being a friend- it is inspiring to say the least. Everyone needs a Jill.

Barb said...

"You have to be a friend to have a friend."

No wonder you have so many friends!