Here are the photos from my fun day out.
We had some seriously bad photos taken my one of the restaurant employees, so we snapped this self-portrait outside. This is much better, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have a normal chin and neck $%%@#!
The temple always looks beautiful, but it was particularly nice to see it in the spring like this. I love all the trees and flowers on the grounds, it's like paradise.
Roses are in bloom all over the place right now and it smells heavenly. There were lots of beautiful roses on the Temple Grounds, this is just one of them.
This is my attempt at a self-portrait with the temple in the background. I felt very self-conscious taking this picture and just wanted to hurry and finish before the old people sitting on the benches nearby thought I was crazy.

There was an area outside the temple grounds with tables and chairs like this. There were business people eating their lunches out there, people enjoying the beauty of the grounds, and me loving it there.

I sat at the table and wrote a Just Because note. It was breezy and beautiful sitting there, I could have stayed there all day.
Whitney with her treats after her game...that's the best part of the whole thing for her.
Landon standing next to a 4 year-old little girl who plays on his team and Whitney's team.
Amy totally spoiled us with all the great food she prepared. She got three kinds of tasty cheese, baguettes, ham, bacon, spinach, apple salad and all sorts of great panini fixins.

Amy got these cupcakes from a French Bakery in Salt Lake. They were sooooo good. She split them all in half so we just got a little taste (torture). The vanilla one was especially intoxicating to Jenn and I, so much so that we didn't want to drink anything because we wanted the taste to linger for as long as possible.

We hung out in Amy's awesome scrapbook room while she downloaded all our Paris pictures onto her computer. I'm so excited to have them all on cd.
**Has Kristi inspired you to be
a tourist in your own town?
Thoughts??**
a tourist in your own town?
Thoughts??**

29 comments:
Wow! I am tired reading about your fun filled day. How fun to hook up with Michelle A. and her girls.
Reading your post from yesterday, I wish I had time for a nap today. I am totally dragging!!
Those desserts looks fabulous. I went to a baby shower last night with fancy food like that--so yummy. Amy's scrap room looks HEAVENLY :)
So fun to meet a fellow blogger - this community is amazing!
We usually go to New Orleans (1 hour away)3 out of 4 weekends. I like to play tourist, but can't seem to pack as much into my days as Kristi does. I usually shoot for one or two activities and by then Griffin has had enough, even if it's all kid-centered.
Amy's food looks delicious, much better than our dinner last night. We ate hot dogs and chips at Griffin's T-ball awards ceremony. I hate to feed the kids trash for dinner but since it was so conveniently provided I couldn't help but give in!
I love to show off my city when we have visitors so I do need to do it more often, just because.
I love that the girls think everything is an adventure so I try to play off that.
Love that you met up with Michelle A. So neat!!
The BC pics are awesome-- the cupcakes? YUM!
oh man those cupcakes look SO DARN GOOD!!! i can just taste them now!! i love coconut!!
how fun to have so many pics and see your day like that--nice to visit the temple grounds..wierd to think that business men were there enjoying lunch!??!
Funny, I felt self conscious taking self portrait pics at the SL Temple when I was there recently too! I think it's because there are so many people around?!!
But it is BEAUTIFUL there! I have never seen a bad shot of that temple! But I especially loved your pictures! :)
It looks like you had a great day!
Does a 4 year old really play on Landon's team? That is crazy!
So fun to see your amazing photo of the temple. I love that angle with the blue sky!
Your book club FOOD sounds awesome! What a fun treat to have such tasty treats for dessert!
Yes - I have been inspired recently to take more photos around where I live - to have a photo documentation of all the beauty. Now, I just have to remember to bring my camera in my car!!
I love the pictures! those cupcakes look so good...i love all things vanilla so i don't think I could have only had a taste :)
What an exciting day! How much fun it must have been to meet another blogger.
You have been busy with a whole lot of fun. We love using our panini maker. If going to the beach all the time is playing tourist then I am doing a good job.
i LOVE being a tourist in my own town. my husband and i have even gotten hotels on the other side of town just for fun. (obviously pre-kids.)
your pics were great; they make me miss slc so much. i didn't know i would miss it so much when i moved (i used to be one of those business people that would sit at the temple and eat lunch - never for long, darn billable hours, but it was always the best part of my day!)
Was it really that nice this week outside? I've been huddled inside cold. You're making me hungry. Maybe it's time for a snack myself!
I'm very naughty in that in pains me to share a local place with people. If we find a quiet niche, I tend to want to keep it to myself rather than spread the word and turn our quiet niche into a bustling hoo-haa.
That's so bad, and so un-Kristi-like.
I do share my 'finds' with a smattering of people, but I do struggle to broadcast it to the world and his wife (said the girl with a internet blog...durr!)
Half a cupcake IS torture!
The Whitney picture is adorable. And the cupcakes have me salivating. My cupboards are empty, but I truly don't want to trek to the grocery store. Wishing some of those would magically appear...
I love your Temple Square photos. What a fun day. We have to travel a little to find many interesting things but I do want to do it more often. Both you and Kristi inspire me to do so.
I LOVE vanilla too and when you add coconut, divine! I would have wanted to leave the taste too. Now where can I find a bakery like that?
That dinner at Amy's is making my mouth water.
What an awesome day. Great photo journaling.
OH, and I'm learning to be more of a photographer and tourist in my own town. I'd have to attribute that to you, Kristi and Lelly.
i watched a cupcake special on food network the other night and had to turn in off because it was so lucious! they served them in half too.
really i said this before, but being around temple square is really amazing and so many people dreams and you can go there in a flash! what is so great is every season that place is different.
i put my touristy tip today of gocitykids.com it plans our weekend for us every weekend and makes us be a tourist. also the fact we are so cheap and everything is free and we will only be here a short time... and the fact we have not seen jeff in 6 years and we can't get enough of him attributes to the fact too!
i feel honored to have been mentioned in the question of the day.
I used to sit outside at those tables every day for lunch during the summer I worked in downtown Salt Lake. I had a good friend that also worked downtown and we would meet a couple of times a week. It was pure joy in the middle of the work day. I also happened to be engaged at the time and loved sitting there watching the brides and grooms get wedding photos. It sounds like you had a fun day!
We had such a great time with you! And I'm glad you took time to go to the temple grounds - we still need to get down to it - but are running out of time! I managed to bump into another car on my way home, no damage thankfully, but it made the day a little stressful in the end!
Love the picture of Whitney and those cupcakes look yummy! Have a great day!
You did have a fun day! It was great to get together and talk Paris, and just life in general. The food was fabulous. I can't wait to try out other panini recipes. It was such a novelty. I think definitely a dessert panini is in store!
Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering and interested, the bakery that I got the cupcakes from is called
Les Madeleines Patisserie and Cafe
660 South State Street, Salt Lake City.
There's also a really cool/funky looking vintage furniture store, and a vintage clothing store as well right across the street. The neighborhood's a little seedy looking (that's by Salt Lake standards) so beware. The cafe is small, the selection seems small, but as we found out last night, it was definitely worth it!
those cupcakes look awesome! only a taste.. I would have died! fun to meet michelle! I love temple square.. never get tired of it! love your pictures! bummer about your shirt not taking good pictures! I think you look great!
That is a busy, but very fun looking day. Between Kristi and the SPT phenomenon, I have been taking more tourist pictures at home.
yes, Kristy is amazing and she HAS inspired me. This summer we are going to every museum possible and my kids are going to LIKE it! I'm going to explore this city in 115 degree weather and I am so excited. Aren't we lucky to have her?
the Baby Bjorn arrived yesterday THANK YOU! I have officially gone on three errands whew!
I don't have much time to comment these days but want you to know I am still a faithful reader:)
What a great day! I loved the photos - especially the cafe chairs and table. Fun day!
what a great day! that chocolate looks sooooo good! how fun to meet another blogger. glad you had a good lunch.
It's a little bit of torture to think of you all getting together to swap photos and talk about Paris... it's just not right somehow. And I'm cracking up a little bit about getting cupcakes at a French bakery -- so un-French! But they do look scrumptious. Were you really falling for the ones with coconut on top?!
I can't believe how many bloggers you have met in person now!
The white cupcakes were NOT (I repeat NOT)coconut, they were little white sprinkles!! I'm anti-coconut.
Post a Comment