Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Thought...kind of

My internet has been down since 2:00am (yes, I was still up) until this evening, hence the lack of a Sunday thoughts post until 9:30pm. I stayed home from church today (fortunately it wasn't my week to teach) and cacked out in bed all reading Angle of Repose. I must say the combination of a stress-free day in bed with a favorite book and pain medication isn't too shabby. My tooth still hurts and the pain definitely comes in waves, but the meds are helping me rest and are getting me through. What a relief. (No, I did NOT draw the illustration for my last post, I found it online.) Kelly's offer to fly to Oregon to have her husband help me out is quite generous, though how sad would it be to meet her for the first time while in great pain and with a swollen face? Crazy.


So here is my thought for today.

"What you sincerely in your heart think of Christ will determine what you are, will largely determine what your acts will be. No person can study this divine personality, can accept his teachings without becoming conscious of an uplifting and refining influence within himself." --David O. McKay

**Thoughts?**

10 comments:

amy gretchen said...

I'm sorry you were unable to attend church due to your tooth and I really hope you are able to get some help soon. I fear you being in a bad way with 5 kids. Can you do this?

Thanks for the wonderful thought. I really think our minds are powerful and what we think really can determine the course of our life. I can't imagine learning about and trying to be like Christ not impacting our lives in a huge way.

melanie said...

Awesome quote! I feel the exact same way, how could we not be changed in seeing what he did here on this earth. Perfect Sunday thoughts.

I love that you were able to stay in bed a read a favorite book. There was nothing worse to me than my wisdom tooth pain. Your reference to labor was dead on to me. I hope you get some good sleep tonight!

Melinda said...

That is a great quote. IT is soo true.
Hope the pain gets a little easier for you.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear you're in pain, but spending the day in bed reading sounds like heaven to me. Surely you can guilt a dentist into an emergency visit on Monday? Thats why they get the big bucks!

Liz said...

You must be miserable! Glad Jeff could help you out with some meds! Hope you can make it through the week until you can get it taken out. I can't believe you still have your wisdom teeth. I had all 3 of mine out by the time I was 24.

Anonymous said...

First of all painful to have internet down for so long. I am glad that the medications are at least allowing you to rest. There is nothing worse than a constant throbbing ache in your mouth.
That is a great quote. It really makes you think back and reflect how you are doing individually. Hope you are having a great Memorial Day!

carlo said...

glad you are feeling at least a little better?

everything pink! said...

we become what we study. i feel more east coast the more i live here, but i am still so western. when i feel like i am exercising i feel like i look like the girl in the nike ad who is totally ripped - even though i am not, but i have a beter chance of becoming the girl in the Nike ad the more I work toward that. that is so how it is with me and studying the life of Christ. I feel better and more like him the more I learn about him. even though i am not perfect i want to be more perfect the more i try to be like him.
great quote. hang in there with the pain.

michelle said...

I'm glad you were able to stay home and read in the cozy. And Angle of Repose, no less. (Have you taken breaks to read other books?) So glad you got some pain meds to help you get some rest. I enjoyed your Sunday thoughts and actually had a good church meeting on Sunday! (first one in France)

Barb said...

My father in law is going to love that David O. McKay quote. It summarizes a point he was trying to make in a conversation I was having with him recently.