It's rainy and coldish here today and I'm loving it. It feels like everything slows down when it's rainy outside (probably because it's so rare) and it makes me want to stay home and read. Today is supposed to be my busy day with tee-ball pictures and games, swimming lessons and book club, but I'm thinking the first two things are going to get rained out and book club has been moved to start later because Jenn has a meeting she has to go to, plus I finished the book last night so I'm not even scrambling today (nice for a change).
The kids have created a small gorge over by our trash can. They usually have to use the hose to fill it up, but the rain is making it great for them today (the gutter run off fills it up). I love it when they play together.
Landon needs a haircut so badly that I can hardly stand it. The lady we usually go to is in Europe until the end of the month so I'm going to have to take him somewhere else, but I don't want to be hasty and end up with a buzzed Great Clips kind of cut that will only be cute for a day. Aargh! Boy's hair never stops being a problem!
On Monday as I pulled into the driveway (from our Seven Peaks outing) I saw that my mailbox was open and that there was much goodness inside. Of course I had my camera right next to me in the car so I brought it over to the mailbox to investigate; this is the happy sight.
The box was from Kristi, she sent oodles of white ribbon, some cute notecards, a "J" notepad and a little note. I had requested white ribbon from her one time (meaning I would pay her to get me some, though she won't let me) and this is what she came up with! I'm officially stocked now and love having big spools of it so I can wrap presents and not feel like I have to ration myself. Thanks Kristi!
Andrea (aka Shoe Obsessed) sent me this cute card wishing me well after my surgery. Thanks Andrea! Is it so sad that this card is the closest thing I have to high heels in my house? My shoe sensibilities are the opposite of yours!
Michelle sent me this cool postcard. I had totally planned on racing Collette up the stairs of Notre Dame while we were there, but then the heat, the blisters and the time ended up making us rethink that plan. I'm kind of bummed though because how cool would it have been to have seen this view in person? (Collette has been up there before so it's really just me that missed out.)
I'm trying to get motivated and back into my normal life, but I'm not feeling so great. My jaw is tight, my pain meds are all gone, and I'm weary (though I'm not sure why). I have good mail I want to send out and plenty of things to do, but I find myself wandering around wanting the day to be over. I hate that feeling. We're meeting Lori and Andrew (my brother) for lunch at JCWs in a little while so that means I'll be having some soup and shake to fuel me up.
After that the kids and I are going over to a clean the house of a lady I visit teach. She's been in California helping her sick mother for 3 months (!) and wants me to freshen up her house since her daughter is flying in tonight. It's so rare that someone actually comes right out and asks for something, it's kind of refreshing. I was planning on going over by myself, but I think it will be a good opportunity for the kids to learn about helping someone else. It's so random how these opportunities present themselves isn't it?
**Thoughts?**
23 comments:
I am glad you included the light saber stamp in your post. I bought the Star Wars stamps because they cracked me up. My poor husband couldn't imagine why I was so upset he used Darth Vadar to pay some bills.
i just got some of those star wars stamps too they are awesome and have you seen the Jamestown ones they are huge triangles (thanks to Hawaii Elizabeth who made me aware of the new stamps)
that rain photo of landon and whitney is awesome.
i think rain slows everyone down too. that is why the north east is so appealing to me, with all the rain.
enjoy that ribbon.
hang in there with the pain!!
It looks like you are getting much more rain than we are. I am loving the cooler weather.
I'm sorry your jaw is still bothering you.
Very cool good mail. I need to get back on that bandwagon. The mailbox is a depressing place for me, it makes me happy to see the flag up with things ready to go out... I should figure out a way to do that.
Good luck with the cleaning. I think it is a great idea to have the kids help. I need to pin myself down and make use of this afternoon.
Wow, your kids are so cute! how old are they? I love rainy days and taking my kids out to play in it. Just last night we had a huge thunder storm and my kids (ages 3 and 2) were so excited watching the lightening and waiting for the BOOM!
Oh my, what a week you have had! I hope you are feeling better...
We are having a bit of rain, here, and after a few weeks of sun, I welcome it back.
I loved your photos - kids in the rain, and the beautiful colors of summer!
I love that you allowed your littles to play in the rain!...and in the mud! LOVE that!!! - great memories for them as well!
Looks like some great GOOD MAIL!
We had our airconditioner on all last week. It was blazin' - now it is freezy and wet! I do agree, cooler temps and rain just slows everything and everyone down. Today I wish I could climb into bed with a book and take a nap! Better run and switch some laundry! :-)
I love those rainy days, especially after a long spell of sunny hot ones. When we lived in the dessert, I would have do a dance everyday there were clouds (I didn't dance much though, because the rain and clouds hardly every came) Anyway, Good to hear your back on the mend and great news about the goodmail you received. I am pushing myself to get my goodmail out the door and I think I might have a goodmail post coming soon!
I find the rain somehow comforting. Maybe it's the constance and familiarity, living where I do. But, I've almost had a sigh of relief with the last couple of rainy days we've had.
Your kids look so cute together outside in their rain gear! Sorry your jaw is bothering you -- does ice or heat help?
I am very jealous of all that wonderful rain! I just love rainy days. Amie took me to JCW's while I was there (because I wanted fry sauce) and I have to say the food was very tasty! I am sorry your jaw is still sore...I thought you would be back to solids by now! So sorry!
I love cool rainy days in June. We have been cloudy and rainy in the night but so far nothing during the day. The kids look adorable playing outside in it. What fun!
Good idea taking the kids with you. I don't think they are ever too young to learn what helping is all about. In fact, to me if they help young it sticks with them better. I could tell which YW were taught about service at a young age.
Love your ribbon stash and your good mail. Good times in your mailbox!
Fun good mail. I just bought a bunch of different ribbon for the girls hair. Lots of polkadots.
It has been raining here all day and I love it too. Everything is greening up so nicley.
Seeing the picture of JCW's really makes me miss it. I would go with my sister almost every time we would come for a visit. My family loves that place.
Sorry your mouth is still giving you trouble. That is the worst.
It was rainy here the other day and it was so nice. I actually love rainy days, every once in a while. I always feel like baking, and reading books, and sitting around in my pajamas. I love your pictures of you kids in the rain.
Going to JCW's without indulging in the fries sounds painful- I am so sorry! What pain meds were you on? I have a high pain tolerance and never use my whole prescription- I could run something over to you tomorrow morning :)
I have been loving today. Mya has wanted to stay cozy and Kaylee has slept most the day away. This equals me almost finishing The Chosen. Bliss.
Your kids are cute- I love seeing all the outside stuff they do and love that you document it.
the pictures of your kids are cute- you are so brave to allow mudplay. :) all i can think of when i see mud is how long it will take to clean it up! :(
i love that you read so much! i am keeping a running list of books i see you review for when i can read something "normal" for a change! i picked up "the year of magical thinking" today with high hopes!
that gargoyle picture is awesome! i had no idea it was even an option to go up to the top of notre dame! wow!
Rainy days are always nice for a change. It sounds like it came at a perfect time (since you had a lot on your plate)
Fun stash of ribbon and card. Did you see her awesome SPT shoes?
Hope the pain lessens soon!
First, that picture of Landon & Whitney together is adorable. I hope you frame that one. Second, I can't remember the last time it rained here, so I'm agonizing in jealousy. And, most of all, I truly hope your jaw feels better soon. So not fun.
Thank you, thank you for the good mail notecards!
I'm surprised you only just got the postcard, it seems like so long ago that I sent it! What an awesome overstuffed mailbox. LOVE the ribbon!! I had a dream last night that I came home from France and hardly had any mail at all -- even junk mail! Is that weird? (Also that my house was full of disgusting rotting food... ew!)
Look at you all being a fun mom and letting your kids play in the mud! So sorry you're still in pain. But how great that Hannah can hook you up!
It really is so hard to find opportunities to serve these days. People are so private in their needs. I hope you took your kids; what a great opportunity for them.
I love the rain. It's so refreshing and conducive to thought-provoking musing. It was nice to stay inside to day and watch it come down.
It's been rainy here today also, I love it!
I'm glad to know we weren't the only ones that got crazy rain yesterday. Sometimes I think are rain is much crazier here.
I know what you mean about getting back into to normal life. It took me a good 2 weeks to get back. It will come.
JCW...hmmm!
sorry that would be "our" rain :)
what fun for you... it looks like you have lots of wonderful and thoughtful friends.
it really is wonderful when someone asks for help, it is so rarely the case. we always want to pretend that we are fine, or that we can handle it. i have a cousin who just had twin little girls. she now has four kids under the age of 4, and yet she is refusing all forms of help! so many people are willing and wanting to be of service - it's nice when someone will just let you do it for them.
Beside the fact that I really wanted to get out an weed my front yard, I was really happy for the rain. I love ethe feeling of clean newness after a rainy day.
Post a Comment