
Last week I was doing pretty well on my soft-foods only diet, any diet involving ice cream every day is a good thing to me, but after about 6 days of this I'm freakin starving! I have been eating mashed potatoes and gravy, yogurt, pudding, ice cream and soup. Where is the food in my food? The chicken-noodle soup I ate last night almost did me in because a stray noodle got lodged in my stitches (sickening) and caused me to have to really work my mouth to get it out. This completely grossed me out and didn't help my hunger situation very much. What to do, what to do?

Today I'm trying to get back to normal life again, although the call of the cozy is quite strong. I got up at 8:00am, vacuumed the whole house, got some laundry going, have wrangled the kids with their jobs, and have talked to Amie twice. She has gotten me to commit to going to Seven Peaks today, ah carumba. It shouldn't be that big of a deal because she and I basically sit on our lawn chairs and talk all day in-between the kids running back and forth from the slides and lazy river. Last week we didn't even get close to getting wet ourselves (my kids can't understand why we bother to wear our bathing suits). I figure I'm more likely to take it easy there with her than I am at home, plus the kids will be happy and wear themselves out. Am I wrong? Right now it feels like a lot of effort though because I'm hungry and light headed, but I'm hoping if I keep moving I'll be alright.

It seems like I was very lucky to have a weekend off because life is getting crazy again. This week we've got swimming lessons, tee-ball/baseball games and pictures, and I've got book club (all of those are on the same night by the way and we only have one freakin car!), I should go visiting teaching this week because the next few weeks will be extra busy with my 3 nieces staying with us for 2 weeks so by the time they're gone it will already be the end of June! How does this happen? I feel like summer just started and already I can't keep up.
**What can I eat?
How is your week looking?**
How is your week looking?**
26 comments:
7-Peaks sounds like a great idea since you will have Amie there to make sure you don't over-do it.
A few softer things off the top of my head:
peanut butter
couscous
cream of wheat
oatmeal
creamy soups
grits
creamed corn
cooked carrots or other veggies smashed up
apple sauce
cottage cheese
hummus
few more:
polenta
ramen noodles
any type of roasted squash- it has the consistency of mashed potatoes
Have you tried mashed sweet potatoes?
So sorry about your teeth! I cannot believe you are braving 7 peaks today...but you are right, you will be relaxing and the kids will be expending all their energy!
Hannah had some great options
I was going to say oatmeal...just because it is so filling. Also, I make Noelle smoothies a lot because I can throw so much in there...yogurt, milk, lots of fruit (sometimes I do cottage cheese for protein). EAsy to drink and yummy.
If I were you I would make a BIG peanut butter smoothie...the PB will be filling and has lots of good protein to help with the light headedness and the ice cream milk and choclate syrup make it delicious!! Good luck and hope today is fun!!
Oh I feel for you! Not being able to eat "real" food! I didn't realize you had stitches too.
Your week does sound busy! Mine is going to be pretty busy as well. So much going on and so little time! Hope you have fun at 7 peaks!
Keeping the kids busy and happy is what I'm all about! One of my favorite soft foods is tapioca made by Kozy Shack. Not sure if your store carries that brand but if so, you must give it a try!
We have swim lessons too this week and next plus my normal mandatory once a day outing. I signed Luci up for the library's summer reading program last week and she has already read 31 books, many of them chapter books. She is fast approaching her summer goal of 180 books!
Oh, there is a brand of smoothie our grocery carries called "Naked." They are pricey -$2.99 each - but soooo worth it. They are in the produce area, not the refridgerated yogurt/smoothie area. Each 16 ounce smoothie has a whole pound of fruit in it.
**What can I eat? wow-its kinda like your on the liquid diet!! i'd be dying!! i love all the idea's here though-becca's PB shake sounds delish!
How is your week looking?** filled with cleaning up the house so the MIL doesnt freak at my dirty house..and packing! YA!
im WAY WAY WAY jealous that you are going to 7 peaks so much with amie...i feel like i need to call the cell phone and be there with you-i'll even go sit in my backyard with my swimsuit on to get the whole "feel"!
I remember those soft food days. It was a real pain in the behind. Have you tried scrambled eggs? You've really gotta chop them up, but that works. I also did canned ravioli... just chopped everything up so small that I didn't have to chew. Otherwise it was lots of baked potatoes and soup.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear you are starving! That is not fun to feel light headed. I can't think of anything soft that has not already been suggested, but I will suggest to avoid rice. It seems to be the perfect size and shape to get stuck in your mouth where your teeth used to be, and that is so disturbing to have to deal with.
I hope you have fun out and about today! Life is just so busy these days with all of the end of the year stuff. My kids still have 3 weeks of school, which seems to really be cutting into summer.
All I can think of are:
couscous
polenta
dumplings
pastina
rice with curry sauces
lentil soup
refried beans
sweet potato
quiche
flan
guacamole
chip dip
twinkies ;)
egg noodles
I hope you start feeling better soon. I hated having my wisdom teeth out. Everytime I tried to eat something it tasted like blood. Have fun at Seven Peaks!
Ooh, which reminds me...You can eat Dippin' Dots!
Seven Peaks sounds fun if the kids can take care of themselves it definitely means relaxation for you. Who wouldn't want an afternoon of talking with a good friend.
Sorry about the food predicament that would be hard
I can't really add to what others have said except I love Shakes more than I love ice cream plain so I would eat a lot of shakes!
Maybe a bean soup. Blended up. Something heartier with protein.
Hope seven peaks goes well.
When Craig had his wisdom teeth out he looked just like you did sitting in the car afterwards. He lived on those Wendy's chocolate Frosty's. I didn't eat much of anything else! 7 peaks witht the kids sounds fun - how far away is it from you? Have a great time!
Everything that I had thought of has already been suggested as far as possible foods, but I do have a suggestion if something gets stuck in your stitches again. Do you have one of those baby nose cleaners? They are like a mini turkey baster? Wash it out and fill it with luke-warm water and then flush the area out. It is much gentler on the tissues than swishing, you don't have to touch the tissues with anything abrasive like a toothbrush or your fingers, and you don't have to open your mouth super huge and hurt your sore jaw. Just stick it back there and squeeze. Trust me.
Getting your wisdom teeth out is awful. My poor father in law ended up taking care of me. Josh was out of town. I was very drugged when I left and thought my feet were really small. I was laughing hysterically and my father in law had a heck of a time getting me to the car. I really thought they were too small to walk on.
Did they give you a little thing to wash out the place where your teeth once were. It helps so much!
I hope you feel better soon. I am thinking about you.
do they still have Stevenett's there in provo. oh i would get one of those awesome malts!
or lick the icing off a mint brownie from byu campus.
Wish I had some better options for you. I'd say a big juicy hamburger but that probably wouldn't help your cause any. Hopefully your mouth will be back smiling again soon. At least you can get lots of rest, oh wait its summer and life is crazy. Hang in there!
We ventured the water park today. A post really in of itself.
Sorry to hear about your hunger pangs. Is bread too solid to eat? I pretty much live off of that when I can't have anything else. Creamy soups are helpful like Hannah said. I am sure you are pretty much burned out of that. When in doubt a shake is pretty filling right?
My week sounds like yours minus the one car. I am not sure I would survive. I feel for ya!! Good luck and I hope your teeth will allow you to eat "real" food soon!
I like Kristi's frosting idea! Too funny.
I hate the starving feeling. I hope that 7 Peaks went well today.
hi jill- i'm out of lurkdom. :) my only suggestion as far as food goes is to definitely avoid things like clam chowder- even blended, it will end up in places you don't want it (i know from sad experience!). i'd revel in being able to subsist on a good blizzard (with well blended add ins) or maybe a ding dong- i LOVED the twinkie idea- cake, cream...if you freeze it, it's like a birthday party in your mouth. :)
what i wouldn't give for a nearby waterpark! we just came off of 90+ degrees for 3 solid days. i'm trying to keep kid and dog out of the pond in the park!
I don't know what you can eat, I'm just hoping solids enter you life again soon.
I was wondering if this blog party is really happening on July 28th? My sister is getting married in Provo on the 30th...so there is a possibility that I may be able to drop in for a spell. What time? Where?
I'm so sorry about your teeth. That is quite the bummer to be feeling so hungry yet not able to eat much.
I would say...
oatmeal,
cottage cheese on toast(lightly toasted) with cinnamon and sugar
frozen yogurt
jello with whipped cream
homemade chicken noodle soup
I hope you are able to get something tasty. Seven Peaks is the perfect place to relax with a friend. I'm glad you guys had fun!
At first I thought you were crazy to go to 7Peaks, but then I remembered your 7Peaks experience is very different from mine! It's a pain getting ready to get there, but once you're there and relaxing with Amie, it will probably seem like a good plan. Especially the kids wearing themselves out part!
I second the peanut butter shake idea -- delicious and filling. And a sweet potato, baked until very soft, is very yummy. Equally good with butter and brown sugar or butter and salt/pepper if you want something more savory. Hope you can expand your eating repertoire soon!
Can't believe your summer is already getting so crazy...
I hope your dinner was good last night and that you could eat more than you thought.
My week seems busy. Just something everyday, I guess not that busy just broken up. I am looking forward to the cooler weather!
Have a good time at Seven Peaks!
I haven't had KFC in years, but you've mentioned it a couple of times, and how I am craving it! I really hope your mouth feels better soon so that you can move beyond the mashed potatoes!
Oh you poor thing. How's the diet looking up today? I just hate it when I can't eat. I do not do well without food and I'm not one to ever miss a meal. So I can highly sympathize.
Good luck having Amy's kids!
Post a Comment