
We went to La Dolce Vita for lunch the other day, and Claudia bought huge gumballs from the machine which ended up entertaining us as we attempted to blow bubbles at the same time for a self-portrait.

We went to the BYU Art Museum and the bookstore, which was fun because we used to walk together every morning (9 years ago) and often circled BYU campus. It was also freaky because we felt so old, the students look like babies! We're officially old enough to have a child in college! (Her more than me, ha!)

This was the scene towards the end of Creative Friday today. Claudia's husband Alfredo had to borrow jumper cables from my neighbor because their car died, the kids were all over the place, Claudia was changing Jorvik's diaper on the front lawn, meanwhile Alfredo was late for meeting his friend for the Father & Son camp out they were going to overnight. It was crazy!

Claudia then opened her 40lb purse and began pulling things out of it while she searched for her taped together phone (which ended up being on the table next to her already). She either carries no purse at all and has a credit card or cash tucked in her bra (hilarious) or she carries an enormous bag full of the most random stuff. Michelle and I just laughed and laughed as she showed us all the crazy stuff in her purse, most disturbing of which was this HUGE letter opener! What in the world??

She also had multiple dvds, a tape recorder, nail polish, lipstick, stationery (including an envelope addressed to me with a card she loves but hadn't written in yet), a bracelet she bought for a friend, the top of her brother's blender which she had accidentally broken when it fell into the fancy waffles she was making for breakfast at his house this week, and so much more. I can't imagine anyone else carrying around such a bizarre bag of tricks...only Claudia!

The three of us had fun trying to get a good self-portrait. Michelle and I were jealous and disturbed that Claudia's face looks so thin, what's up with that? I seem to be growing chins by the day $#@!%.

I guess this could explain why. Claudia and I went to see "No Reservations" last night (very enjoyable) and then went to JCW's for burgers, fries, fry sauce (so good) and a chocolate Oreo shake, plus some good conversation. It was a great night.

Everyone should be lucky enough to have a good friend like Claudia, she is always a burst of fresh air and energy when she visits, and reminds me that I need to be better about going with the flow, seizing the opportunities around me, having fun, and not taking myself too seriously. All good things. She is the most genuine person I have ever known. She never tries to be something she isn't. She can be wearing a faux fur coat, costume jewelry, heels and make-up one day, then pajamas, no make-up, with spots of Oxy10 on her face the next day (in public), both are so her! Oh, and she loves to eat! She thoroughly enjoys eating out and oooh and aaahs sincerely even if it's just a cheeseburger from McDonald's, I love this about her.
**Do you know anyone like Claudia?
Are you spontaneous and easygoing?
Do you have friends that make
you want to be more fun?**
Are you spontaneous and easygoing?
Do you have friends that make
you want to be more fun?**
25 comments:
I don't think I've met the Claudia in my life yet, although I hope to someday. She is a crack up. Does her back hurt with that HUGE purse? The things inside are crazy! I love having a friendship that just falls into place no matter the distance or time away from one another. So glad you guys had fun together this week. The fries/burgers/fry sauce looks so good!
First to comment, Oh Yeah!
Claudia is a breath of fresh air, that's for sure!
What a fun week!
It was fun to meet Claudia, she has a great energy about her. Look forward to getting to know her better.
I have to say she is one of the people I would love to meet. She sounds like a girl after my own heart. My purse usually contains some completely random stuff- a 25 ft measuring tape, scraps of paper with information on it- like napkins, 4 pair of sunglasses- etc..
Sounds like a delightful week. Did you know fry sauce doesn't exist in my neck of the woods. Oh I miss it.
Claudia sure does sound one of a kind. I am definitely NOT spontaneous, maybe only a tiny bit so since having children. I find kids force you into that a little, like it or not.
Fry sauce?
Personally I like mine dipped in a ketchup/mayo mix - as if the fries aren't fattening enough for me.
No, I definitely don't know anyone else like Claudia. She is so cute and so fun! So spontaneous, so different from me. She is a great example of enjoying life to the fullest!
Claudia sounds like a wonderful friend! You are lucky to have her in your life. I so enjoyed the things in her purse!!
I think it is wonderful that you, and Claudia have been able to have such a fun week! It is so fun to do things just as they come. Not planned, just having fun! Claudia sounds like such a fun person! :)
First off - that letter opener is killing me! perhaps she packed it for her road trip as a weapon? Love the bag of tricks.
From reading about Claudia - makes me want to get to know her. She sounds like a blast! How fun that you have been able to hang and enjoy one another this past week. Good friends are such a great gift that we give ourself!
Claudia sounds amazing. I wish I was easy going and spontaneous but alas I am not. I would love to meet her someday.
This is such a great post. My best friend from childhood is a lot like this. I never know what will happen when I am with her but I know I will laugh. I miss living close to her.
I would love to meet Claudia.
Claudia sounds like a great time, I would like to know her better.
I am split personality so I can be spontaneous and a good time but you can't count on it.
I'm happy for you that you are getting some great friend time this week.
Love all the pix! Sounds like a great time, just hanging out, not entertaining -great friends -it's obvious :)I love her 'mary poppins' bag-heehee ciao Janae
I am so glad you had such a wonderful week with Claudia. She sounds like so much fun and like such an individual! I love that!...oh and that fry sauce looks soooo good. Amie took me there when I came to visit and was just barely pregnant and CRAVING the fry sauce. HMMMMM
I loved meeting Claudia through this post. It was a one of a kind self-portrait of her in a way. So fun to spend the week together...I'm sure there were late nights with lots of laughter...that's what I love best about old friends. They know the you now & the old you & there's always plenty funny about that!
The letter opener alone is cracking me up! That is just a crazy looking item. Claudia sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad you've been able to have so much fun together.
I loved reading this about her.
her blonde hair is so wonderful - she could proabably give my stylist some tips, her hair always looks great in photos.
i think I am a little more spontaneous than I realize.
really great post jill.
She sounds like a really great friend! I am trying to think if I have a friend like her. Not sure that I do. Her purse cracks me up, and reminds me of my MIL's purse! Your take out from JCW's looks so good right now (fast sunday!). Ben and I went and saw that movie a couple weekends ago. I really enjoyed it as well, and I really want the soundtrack now too!
First of all, I have to say BRILLIANT idea of Claudia's to stuff a bank card down your bra. I will use that one.
Secondly, Claudia sounds wonderfully eccentric. She will make a fabby mad old lady when she's about 80 yrs old!
Thirdly, in thinking about your post, Jill, it's made me realise that all my friends here are very, very 'English'. We all watch our step far too much. I think we all need to tip our bags out with one another and loosen up a bit!
JCW's rocks! I love their cheese fries and fry sauce.
What a fun week! Claudia sounds like a great friend and like you said everyone should have a friend like that. JCW's is great, I too love the choc. oreo shake!
I love it! Especially the contents of the 40 lb purse.
i love this post. i need a claudia! how i would love to BE a claudia! :) her purse actually surprises me! i've seen photos of her and read about her on your blog, but i never would have imagined the plethora of things she carries! (that letter opener!!!). :)
Every time I have seen Claudia she is such a delight. She has a great positive energy about her. I can see why you guys are such good friends. I think it's great you've had so much time to catch up. It was fun running into her at Children's Discovery.
Post a Comment