
It seemed like we had many interruptions because of the kids (not phone calls today), but it was still a fun day (just surprising that there were only 3 kids causing all the commotion, not the 6 it felt like). I don't know that anyone else accomplished a whole lot, but I ended up cutting out 3 sets of good mail labels, preparing two good mail packages, and writing 4 cards, so that's a productive day for me, especially since I mailed them all out after I picked up the kids from school. Woohoo.

In other news, Randy arrived home in a new car this afternoon.This is HUGE for us, because in the 13.8 years we've been married, we've only ever had one car! Randy commuted to Salt Lake on the bus for 2 years and has taken the bus to and from his current job many times so that I could have the car to shuttle the kids to school, Seven Peaks, friends' houses, etc. What a guy, he's truly a champ. All his extra hard work over the past year and half (the stuff he does on the computer in the evenings, which is basically a second job) has paid off so he was finally able to buy a car of his very own. It's a 2006 Hyundai Sonata, and is pretty nice. Now we won't have to juggle our lives so much and will actually be able to be in two different places at the same time (just imagine it!)

Lori, Adam, Amy and the girls came over tonight for game night tonight so that was fun, I felt like I was hosting parties in shifts or something...one group out and a new group in. Nice. We got take-out Los Hermanos Nachos Supreme for dinner tonight and they were fabulous. Apparently I can eat Mexican food multiple meals a day and love it! We played cards and chatted for a few hours and then moved to the couches to cover some SEP (Searing Emotional Pain), though we really never got to it. We did light the fabulous IKEA candles I bought on my birthday, which I purchased and placed in our fireplace especially for SEP mood lighting. They proved to be too bright, who knew??

So it has been a very full day and I am tired. I'm optimistic about being able to sleep tonight, have some fabulous new Down-Alternative pillows we bought at Kohl's last weekend, and I'm almost finished reading Sarah's Quilt. I have an obligation-free Saturday (those are the best kind) and have plans to go to the movies with Lori...delightful. We're finally going to see Becoming Jane, I love a nice Chick-Flick Matinee.
**How do you feel about Mexican Food?
Have you ever had to commute on the bus?
Have you seen Becoming Jane yet?
Did you reply to my contest post?**
Have you ever had to commute on the bus?
Have you seen Becoming Jane yet?
Did you reply to my contest post?**
29 comments:
Congratulations on the new wheels! That will be so freeing for you guys, I'm sure. I'm glad you got some creative time in today, again! It's been such a busy week here, that I was hoping for a zero obligation Saturday, and wouldn't you know -- we have another house showing. But, it's the second time for someone who looked while Barb was here, so at least it's an encouraging appointment, which makes it more motivating to prepare for.
Have fun at Becoming Jane! I'm anxious to see what you think of it.
Congratulations on the great purchase of a new car. Randy must be overjoyed. He won't know what to do with himself!
I love Mexican food too. I really miss it living here. Even though I get a lot more Thai and Indian, I still miss the cilantro and the fresh salsa, good tortillas, nachos,etc. You can't get anything like it here. We made the HUGE mistake of going to one of the TWO Mexican restaurants on the coast last year. It was a joke. Ironically, it's called Montezuma's. Not a good name for a restaurant if you ask me. Since then, I always make our Mexican meals.
Be sure to post about the movie b/c I haven't seen Becoming Jane yet either.
I love Mexican and could (and have)definitely eat it twice in a day!
I did the one car thing when Luci was a baby - it was the only way I could afford to stay home with her - give up a car note - and it was totally worth it, of course.
2 years ago I bought my 1st brand new car (as opposed to new used car) and I love it but it has taken quite a beating with all the driving I do for work and abuse from the kids. Congrats on the 2nd car!!
Enjoy your Saturday.
Congrats to Randy- and you- on car #2! That is so crazy that you two have sacrificed for so long with one car- way to go! This will be liberating!
Mexican good is so good- it is one of the few categories of food I could eat many times a day for many days in a row.
I can't wait to hear how Becoming Jane is- I was thinking of sneaking out to see that this weekend at some point.
well being mexican myself...i must say i love mexican food. sometimes not all is good, but pretty much i surround myself with the good kind. cafe rio was tremendously good, felt bad for alf...he has been wanting to go, ever since our second last lunch! i haven't seen the movie and would love to go and see it...that sounds really good and yes i have been participant of the public transportation numerous times...i am soo happy and glad that randy finally got the new car...what a blessing
Hello, I am what one calls a blog lurker. I frequent your blog quite often and never leave a comment. And now finally am feeling brave enough to do it. I found your blog through Diana, who is a friend of mine.
Hooray for two cars. We just became a two car family ourselves and it is heavenly. I am so thrilled and happy for you guys. I love reading about all your fun afternoons and spontaneous parties. They sound so fun. I could eat mexican food for every meal. I love it that much. I love seeing your good mail post. I thrive on even getting a wedding invite and you have inspired me to be more thoughtful. THanks for being such a fun blogger and for letting me share in your joy
Hooray for the new car ;)
I want to see that movie with a friend. Love Mexican food -it's about the only thing we eat on date night (or steak). ciao
What a fun and friend-full 2 days you've had! That's so great to relax with friends for crafts and games.
I could seriously eat Tex-Mex everyday. It's one of our food groups around here and salsa runs through my veins (next to the coffee).
What did you think of Sarah's Quilt? I have held off starting it, but I plan on it soon.
Enjoy your no-big plans Saturday--I agree those ARE the best! Let us know what you think of Becoming Jane--that's on my really long list too!
Great Car! Love mexican food so much, we had some last night. We went to Mi Ranchito Grill. Love a good salsa and warm chips. I am looking forward to seeing Becoming Jane.
Your home looks like party central! I love it! I love how you entertain one group and move in another new group at a different time slot. Looks like a blast to have such girlfriends, creative Friday and good food! I LOVE good Mexican food. I could eat it several times a day.
Congrats on the new addition to your family! I am sure this will be an added blessing to your family.
I haven't been on a bus for years, but while we lived in Murray (ages ago) Jason would take the bus everyday to work. Then, we bought my parents 'party wagon' (boat of a station wagon with panneling) when we moved to Chicago! That second car meant freedom! Oh, that party wagon was the best!
I will be interested to see what you think of JANE. Have fun! Oh, to go to the movies with your sista!! The best!
oh - LOVING the glow of your candles for your SEP!
I love your self portraits you've been posting. What a riot!
CONGRATS on the new car. I'm so impressed on how much hard you guys worked to get that second set of wheels. Something I guess I've always taken for granted.
Mexican food is hands down my favorite. I have a favorite taco shop in SD, Rico's, that I have to go to everytime I go to my parents house. There are no good Mexican food restaurants where we live and it drives me NUTS!!! I'd eat it 3 times a day if I lived by Rico's!
Jill, I am impressed you guys coordinated everything so well for so long with one car. That is a feat and I'm happy you have another one, now.
We saw Becoming Jane last night. I think it was good...but I fell asleep in part of it--not the movie's fault necessarily. I did wish I'd freshly read my Jane Austen notes to make sure it was accurate (I remembered some of her life differently). But, nonetheless, it was fun seeing some of her books' characters personified.
Just think of all the things you can get Randy to do now that he has a new car to carry it out. You are right, the possibilities!
I haven't had Mexican forever (dang pregnancy) but I do love it. I can't wait for this time to be over so I can get back to the good food!
I want to see Jane, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I need a sister to live here!
SOunds like yhou guys have put in more than your share of sacrifice sharing a car. Congratulations! Wonderful for you guys!
I could eat Mexican food all day too. Looks like a great day... And those candles - talk about bright!!
Yay for the new car. I seriously cannot look at your blog unless I have eaten. You always show the best food on there. Now I'm going to have to snack. :)
Great new Car!! I could eat mexican every meal~ it's my absolute favorite. I haven't seen becoming jane, let us know how you like it.
I do not know how you did it with only one car for so long. We just couldn't do it! So congrats on making it to the point of having two cars! Yahoo!
I am so jealous that you can go see Becoming Jane. I want to go see it so badly but it didn't come to any of the theaters around here. I even tried the theaters in the surrounding big towns and nope, it didn't go there either. Bummer.
Friends, fun, family and a new CAR! What a great day for your family!
Mexican food....never enjoyed it,except for cheese enchiladas. Now that I am living here in AZ, I love it...yum!
I love Cafe Rio! and for the first three years I lived here I didn't have a car, I rode the bus and my roommates were all nice and let me borrow the car if I need it, my dream car is a story that deserves it's own post.
Have fun at the movies tomorrow I want to see Becoming Jane. The candles look pretty, and I saw the Ikea magazine and Real Simple on the coffee table, loves both of those!!!
Yay for a new car and all the freedom that goes with it!
Every time we go to a Mexican restaurant, I order a chicken chimichanga. Every. Time. I enjoy most Mexican fare but I still order the same thing.
I want to see Becoming Jane. And read Austenland.
I have been wracking my brain for something I can use in your good mail contest. Have come up with nothing. I guess that should be motivation for me to start sending some good mail.
I could eat mexican food three times a day and NEVER complain (although I never even tried it until Brandon and I were dating (I was 21) and he forced it on me. I had no idea what I was missing all those years!!
One car in all those years? You guys are amazing, and you so DESERVE to get this second car....I can't imagine the sacrifice that must have been all those years, it hurts my heart just thinking about about it and makes me feel very selfish for the things I easily take for granted every day.
Also...I finished Sarah's Quilt this morning. It was so good, better than I expected it to be knowing that Jack would not have part in that story. I borrowed Amie's copies but plan to go buy my own "These is my Words"...it is a book I NEED to have on my shelf, one that will get re read over and over through the years (once my heart heals and I can stop the flow of tears over Jack :)
I am laughing about Becca's comment. I felt exactly the same way about Captain Jack Elliott... sigh.
I can't believe Randy came home with a new car! Who knew he was so close to getting one? That guy -- as you say, a mystery wrapped in a riddle. I am so happy for you guys. I will never forget how life-changing it was for us to go from one car to two! (And you know, now that I think about it, it was 13.8 years into our marriage as well! How weird is that?)
Thanks for letting us crash there two days in a row. Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Awesome wheels. I love how Hyundai changed their body style to compete with the cars they actually compete with, the Honda Accord and the Camry. Their last body style had a cheap Jaguar look to it. C'mon...no one believes it. But now it looks like the nice family sedan that it is. I can't believe you shared one car for that long. And stayed sane. No...even more than sane...generous. Mind boggling.
I love Mexican food. I loved Becoming jane. It sounds downright perfect.
I LOVE mexican food!!! We don't have good mexican food out here though!
Congrats on the new car! That will surely make life much easier!
I am looking forward to seeing Becoming Jane as well! GOt to get some friends together for that! Hope your day was good!
I'm so happy for your guys to have two cars- that's huge!
I love Mexican food and we have a plethora of good Mexican places here but we rarely eat out. I make some Mexican dishes at home, but it's never as good.
hooray for a new car! happy day!
looooove mexican food. too much.
i rode the bus a couple of times while pregnant and it about put me over the edge. i remember opening the window a small crack which was all it could go and trying to breath out of it the whole ride.
The car looks great- congrats, lady!
I could eat Mexican food three to seven times a day. I have tried.
wow, 1 car all of this time. that is big! :) scott and i commuted when we were in boston but that doesn't really count i guess b/c almost everyone does?!?
what a great weekend you had...
Post a Comment