Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SPT--Shade


I am all about shade! I don't like to be hot, don't like to get sunburned (or even sun-kissed, really) and I love to lounge with a book or with a friend. Fortunately I get to do this weekly at Seven Peaks, and sometimes in my front yard which is covered in shade for much of the day. The only things that can make my shade-loving better are a cup of ice and a breeze!

Happy Birthday to Jane & Patsy!!!

**Are you a shade lover?
Do you have a big umbrella?
Is your yard shady?**

14 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Thank you for the public Happy Birthday greeting, Jill, and for the beautiful cards. You are so generous with your time and means and I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

I love the energy of the sun, but burn without good doses of shade, too. I don't have an umbrella, but do think the picture of the ones in your header are such a happy looking lot.

Are you enjoying "Cry, the Beloved Country"?

michelle said...

I'm definitely a shade-lover! It's the only thing that makes being outside in the summer tolerable for me...

Chris said...

I love the shade. A good book or a friend to chat with or even a quick snooze all good in the shade.

Alisa said...

I enjoy shade- and agree 100% about ice and a breeze.
BUT I think if given the choice I would sit in the sun over the shade.
(as long as there is water nearby- I don't have to be in it, just by it.)

Unknown said...

i'd be right next to you in the shade. it's funny that i'm just now realizing that my *shade* spt is actually quite sunny!

Robyn said...

I have to say I am such a SUN lover. It shows on my face, unfortunately. I just love the warm feeing soaking up those rays. I am trying to learn how to love the shade in my older age! I do wish I had a great umbrella. If you see them at Costco again, please grab one for me!

Amie said...

I love the shade, love my umbrella, and do not have a shady yard. but... we planted lots of trees so by about 2050 we should be in great shape!

Laurie said...

I like how your photo shows the contrast between sun and shade.

I love shade too. Don't have an umbrella, but we do have a nicely shaded yard.

Cecilia said...

I love the shade and the sun... As long as I have water and breeze!!!
I just got a big umbrella this year and I love it!

j said...

i love that picture! i'm a shade girl. fitting that i moved to ak b/c the sun is not shining all that much right now. it's perfect (almost) in temperature most of the time for me. talk to me in the winter.

Jeanette said...

I couldn't agree more!!!

Amanda :-) said...

Hellooo! Just scrolling quickly through your last posts, it looks like you're having lovely weather. We're having it rough in the UK - lots of drizzly rain and wind. It's extremely up and down!

Our back garden is south-facing, so we get quite fierce sun in the afternoon, but luckily we are able to sit by the side of the house and tuck ourselves into the shade! Yes, we're fans of the big old parasol over the garden table! We've had good fun (when it HAS been sunny) watching the dragonflies in the garden.

Did I miss your birthday? Oops! Sorry. I hope it was a good one. xx

Anonymous said...

I love the shade too! I can stand a lot of heat as long as I'm in the shade with it!

Bond Girl 007 said...

I don't love shade, I rather be in the sun, unless it is VERY VERY HOT....now, with skin cancer, I do try to be in the shade all the time...boring~!