Friday, August 29, 2008

Creative Friday--Denver Visitors Edition

Here it is Friday once again, which means I headed over to Michelle's house for another glorious installment of Creative Friday. This edition could have also been titled the Potty Training Edition, the Sinus Infection Edition (Max has one) or the Chicken Pot Pie edition, but I went with the Denver Visitors Edition in honor of our guests.


I usually bring (unless the line at Sonic is way too long) a big cup of ice for me and a big vanilla Diet Coke for Michelle. I did so today, and Michelle amused me at one point by writing on her cup. Apparently when she was looking at the pick-up truck on the cup she felt the need to put her name on it.


Michelle had homemade chicken pot pie for us for lunch today. This involved way more vegetables than our usual gatherings have and was really good. I'm not too keen on chicken, but I broke the pieces up into smaller bites and had no problems with it. It felt like a hearty, comforting meal.


Poor Michelle is back in the throws of potty training Eva again, so some of her time today was spent making a sticker chart for Eva's bathroom successes. We never know what will be created at Creative Friday, but this counts!


Our Denver visitors were Michelle's Aunt Denise (who recently started her own blog--woohoo!) and her two lovely daughters Charlotte and Emily (who are both bloggers). Denise is in town to bring the girls to BYU and specifically wanted to stop by during Creative Friday. It was fun to see her again. She is beautiful inside and out and is raising totally talented, spiritual, smart, beautiful children!



I ended up putting several good mail packages together, cutting out some good mail labels and writing a few cards. I love having a few hours a week set aside specifically for working on this stuff, it's so satisfying and rewarding.


Here is our self-portrait from today, it cracks me up when Michelle's curly locks end up looking like mine.

P.S. Lelly posted the September SPT topics today, it's going to be a great month, especially if lots of people participate!

Happy Birthday Laurie!!!

**If you had to label your day an
"edition" what would title it?
Have you ever made a sticker chart?

16 comments:

crystal said...

I DEMAND THAT RECIPE!!!! You are treated to such feasts on your Creative Fridays.

Those apples never seem to go soft or squishy or rotten. What are they--enchanted Creative apples???

If my day was labeled an "edition," it would be....hmmmm..."Breastfeeding Edition," since that's all I seem to do, 'round the clock. Yep.

Cecilia said...

What a fun day! The food looks fantastic!
I had a headache all day and just can't get rid of it no matter what I do :(
I think I need some girl time!!!

Tasha said...

I don't even want to think what kind of edition I would make, maniac mommy edition, consumes too much caffiene edition, gets nothing done edition... The list goes on.

I did make chicken pot pie this week though, and it was my best ever, I have to say.

I am making a new goal to set aside time like this for myself. I have actual doctors orders to do it. Maybe I will blog about that...

michelle said...

It was quite a day, wasn't it?
One of those where I wonder if you'll want to break up with me. Eva was really on one. So thanks for calling it another glorious installment! You're too kind. Really.

It cracks me up as well when I am in a photo with someone and their hair looks curly. (you, or Marc, for example) It's a bit creepy.

Nikki said...

I was so tempted to just drive by your house today, since we are in Provo for the game this weekend. :) But, no- too many things to do so my day would be titled: BYU Friday- drag the kids around campus in 95*heat and get new BYU gear for tomorrow issue. :)
Sounds like an extra fun and yummy Creative Friday for you.

Bond Girl 007 said...

how fun, you always have fun on those fridays..you guys should come down to california and we can have a beach vendredi edition!

jenny said...

I feel for Michelle. My 3 year old was a nightmare to potty train. And I tried several attempts, but luckily he finally caught on. Perhaps this will be the time! Fun to include visitors. There were several people in our ward that drove up their kids this week. It baffles me to think that could be me in just 7 years!

Janae said...

I have made many a sticker chart...oh the joys;)
I can understand why Michelle wanted her name on that cup! It was a very cute cup.
I like your self-portrait...was this again with the vertical camera? i have started doing a vertical shot more and I thank you for the idea:)

j said...

i'm wanting that recipe, too!!! oh potty training woes- doing it once makes me never want to do it again. i thought girls were easier than boys to train, but maybe it's an individual thing.
i love that you get visitors to creative friday! reminds me that my next trip down south will have to be over a friday so that perhaps i may stalk you and drop in. :)

patsy said...

what a great day-
yes... I have made many many sticker charts- love them.

I think lelly's september spt's are going to be so fun- great topics & will make fantastic, inspirational reading.
I'm really really going to work on this.

Robyn said...

How fun to have visitors at your C.F. It sounds like there was lots of other stuff going on... but still good food and lots of enjoyable conversation, I am sure. Is everyone in Michelle's family talented and adorable? It seems so...

Price Cream Parlor said...

I love to see what you and Michelle are creating as much as I love to see what you are feasting on! YUM! I agree, post that yummy recipe!
Yes - I use to make sticker charts. I had an entire system in place for the week that we would potty train! Wow! That's been a long time!
Good luck, Michelle! I must say that her sticker chart looks more professional than mine did!

Laurie said...

Yesterday would have been "weird birthday edition" and today would probably be "shopping edition."

charlotte said...

It was so much fun to stop by and see you and Michelle! The best part for me was knowing about you and your life, even though I've only met you in person a couple of times. Oh the phenomenon of blogging!

Denise said...

I'm late in commenting, but just had to reiterate how enjoyable it was to visit with you and Michelle on Friday. I feel like a celebrity myself to have not only a blog post title, but also a photo included in your post!

My Friday would have been the Crazy Move-in Edition. Things went well, however, and we got both girls settled in their new "digs." Now that I'm back home, I just have to make myself quit going into empty room to cry. . . .

Anonymous said...

Fun! I love when you and Michelle blog about the same thing because you both offer different perspectives and pictures. It is great!