Thursday, August 07, 2008

SPT--Ice Cream

This was last week's SPT assignment and one that really shouldn't have been hard for me at all since I embrace almost all ice creams (except for the really cheap, nubby kinds). Ice cream is a weakness for me and is something I have multiple times a week. I love it on a cone, as a shake, in a bowl or whatever, it's all good to me.


I finally went to JCW's this afternoon (via the drive thru, oh sweet delight) and got a Reese's shake. This is a small! It was $4.61 which is a bit pricey for a treat, but is one that can be shared with the whole family (though this one will not be) or put in the freezer to enjoyed at a later date...like tonight.

**Is ice cream a weakness for you?
What's your favorite flavor?
What's your favorite shake?**

20 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I am with you on this one! Except I am so boring, I have to have vanilla. I guess it is because you can add all kinds of toppings and it won't be too sweet. I especially love vanilla soft serve from Carvel or DQ. Favorite shake? Strawberry all the way!!!

smithfam said...

Oh I love ice cream! Especially if it has chunks!!! Ben and Jerrys is my fave!!

becca said...

mmmm...that looks good. Ice ream is not really a weakness for me, although I do like shakes once in a while (I am much more of a cookie/candy girl). I don't even know what my favorite flavor would be?! When I lived in Utah Hogi Yogi was my FAVORITE and I would get the vanilla with white chocolate chip cookie dough. soooo good. I have yet to find anything that tastes as good as that (to me)

Elizabeth said...

I love ice cream but only vanilla based stuff. I have gone a moth now without because of my little peanut.

Val said...

My 5 year old was just begging me to make oreo shakes in my blender. I think my favorite shake is just chocolate. My favorite place to go is called Shakes, here in Texas, it is actually a kind of custard ice cream oh so good and fattening I'm sure. When we go there I usually get the Shakes Bopper-vanilla with caramel, hot fudge, pecans, whipped cream and a cherry. YUM YUM!

michelle said...

I love your giddy, slightly guilty smile in this one! I love ice cream, especially when it is chunky with yummy additions. After last night's book club, I am really wanting to make homemade nectarine ice cream...

Amie said...

Ice cream is not my weakness. Mint chocolate chip is my favorite. I do enjoy a shake now and then... maybe once a year, if that.

Anna said...

I've had those shakes at JCWs and they are huge! Yum!

Kim Sue said...

glad you did ice cream SPT...last week I read lots of the links on Lelly's blog and it made we want to rush out for ice cream! love, love ice cream. you picture is great...like you are getting away with something.

patsy said...

I am such an spt loser....
I need to get back onto that!!!!

I am not ice cream crazy, but my husband is. don't get me wrong I like it- it just doesn't like me, so I only eat it little bits at a time.

I think my favorite these days is anything cold stone. That place is down right amazing- and expensive- darn it!

crystal said...

Fav Flav: Mint chip, all the way! Otherwise, I'm a baked-goods girl when I want a naughty treat.

jenn said...

My weakness would be a caramel sundae, HEAVY on the caramel!

But shakes from JCW's or Iceberg are high on the list too- any kind but chocolate. I don't really dig chocolate ice cream.

Cecilia said...

I love ice cream! My favorite is dulce de leche, a delicious combination of caramel and sweet cream, swirled with ribbons of golden caramel by Haagen-Dazs.

PS-I love your picture!!!

j said...

i'm an ice cream fanatic- cookie dough. living somewhere downright cold is kind of killing the summer ice cream thing i usually have going on....so sad!

Holly said...

Oh man, is ice cream a weakness for me?? Oh yes, yes, yes. BlueBell, Ben & Jerry, Haagan with a bit of Das, Dairy Queen...I'm not picky!

Lately though I've been trying to replace all of that with SkinnyCow treats. Not quite the same, but they help.

charlotte said...

Way cute SP! Ice cream is one of my greatest weaknesses--I can easily be persuaded to have ice cream anytime.

Andy said...

I am not ordinarily an ice cream kind of person. When I'm choosing my treats, I normally prefer something goey that I can sink my teeth into like a brownie or chocolate chip cookie (all even BETTER mind you, with ice cream on top). But I've got to tell you, we are getting on a plan for Utah today, and one of my first stops will be to get a huge, thick, stands up above the top of your cup kind of shake. Did you know you canNOT find one of those in New England.

Bond Girl 007 said...

my favorite at the moments is the bryers one with the shaved chocolate....I have to be in the mood for it, but when I am, I can have quite a bit...my all time favorite is hagen daze vainilla swiss almond...my all time favorite! I do enjoy gelato extremely and shurberts....

Missy said...

I try to stay away from that aisle in the grocery store! But, I do love ice cream. Tin Roof Sundae - that has lots of good memories for me from my childhood.

Quelly said...

hat picture with you and the ice cream is ADORABLE! You have an almost sinister grin that comes across SO cute!

Gotta love the serving sizes at JCW's!