
Our Costco just started carrying HUGE bags of Cheetos, so I bought one for Claudia. When I showed Whitney the size of this bag she exclaimed, "I wonder how big the Cheetos are?!" This struck me as hilarious.

On Wednesday, I met Claudia and Alfredo at Training Table for lunch. Both their kids were asleep in the car when they arrived, so they transferred them to a couple benches and covered them up with blankets.

They slept for the entire hour and a half we ate lunch! At one point Jorvik rolled off the bench and crashed onto the floor, but then climbed back up and went to sleep. Wow!

Claudia and family came over Wednesday night at 10:30pm to stay over, so Thursday morning they were able to unload their car, do laundry and just hang out. These are Claudia's cute purchases from her multiple visits to Taipan Trading. She has a gift for finding great things for her home.

She bought these nice things for me, thanks Missy! Little Jorvik enjoyed all the letter J's around our house and kept pointing and saying, "J for Jorvik!"

Since Claudia and Alfredo were doing laundry at Chez Stuart, I had to apprise them of our washer's quirks. One of those being that the hot and cold water are reversed. Alfredo decided to take action and switch the water lines (hello, we've lived her 4.5 years and have never done this). He also spent a good portion of the day trying to fix the balance issues we have whenever the washer spins out. What a guy! (Remember last year when he researched the best place to buy tires and went and had mine replaced?)

I spied this to-do list from Claudia placed on the fridge and had to smile.

Claudia and I were able to head out for lunch alone while Alfredo continued his handyman duties and got the kids spiffied up for family photos.

After lunch we went to Robert's for a little shopping. Can you believe I hadn't been there in over a month? I used to go there several times a week and now it's a rare thing.

We got home 3 hours later to find Alfredo working his magic ironing all the family's clothes. Notice his ginormous iMac on the counter, he brought it with them so he could do some work and so the kids could watch movies. The monitor is so big it's like having a portable flat screen available.

After much showering, ironing and primping we finally left the house around 6:00 to take some family photos. It's always tricky to get little kids to cooperate for photos so I like to take tons and hope for the best, this is one of the ones I love (notice Jorvik's hand on top of Alexei's).

One of the highlights of having house guests is the late-night hanging out and chatting. Good times.

Saturday morning we went to our ward's pancake breakfast and parade. It was rather festive and involved cotton candy at 10:00am.

A few hours later and their car was a loaded up (this is very tame for them) for their departure (boohoo).

This was such a sad sight to see.
Happy Birthday Melanie!!!
**Have you ever seen such a big bag of Cheetos?
Does your washing machine have quirks?
Do you like hanging out at night with house guests?
Do you like cotton candy?**
Happy Birthday Melanie!!!
**Have you ever seen such a big bag of Cheetos?
Does your washing machine have quirks?
Do you like hanging out at night with house guests?
Do you like cotton candy?**



33 comments:
These are the type of house guests I would enjoy. Totally casual AND does home improvements!? WOW!
I love the list that Ms. Claudia made you! That is funny!
What a great relationship you have with her!
The family photo is stunning. Wheat fields? Fantastic!
what fun house guests!! my favorite kind - the kind you don't have to stress about :)
and i loved seeing the photo of you relaxing at the parade. imagine.
Good times are always had with Claudia!
I have never seen a bag of CHeetos that size...that would be a bad thing in this house. I love Whitney's logic.
I love the family photo...so beautiful!!
This is great, Jill. I especially loved the to-do list Claudia made for you! (my favorite item being the last one -- no one says things quite like Claudia)
I love the family portrait. I guess you guys found a good location after all!
Easygoing houseguests are the best -- ones that do little improvements around the house are even better!!
The late night chats are my very favorite thing about having people stay over.
It seems like a constant party when Claudia is in town, it's no wonder you were sad to see them go.
Late night chats is for sure the best part of having house guests.
I'm glad you had such a fun week with Claudia and her family. The whole thing looks fabulous.
I have had house guests do improvements too.... love that.
Claudia and her family seem like a family that compliments yours so much...it looks like you all enjoy each other's company and get along greatly. It's a blessing to have friends that you feel so comfortable with.
Late night chats...with food of course...are the best!
I loved all the goodies Claudia bought. She's got great taste. I keep hearing about this Taipan Trading...I need to check it out for myself!
Lastly, it really looks like Claudia's boys are nice to be around, not unruly children. This makes all the difference in the world when having guests. It can make it or break it!
What a beautiful family! It looks like a great visit. We just discovered the Cheetos at Costco too... what took them so long? If only they'd start carrying peanut butter m&ms we'd be all set...
Wow, Alfredo is quite a guy! He even irons?
I am so glad you had such a fun time with Claudia, and I agree, late night chats are the best!
Love the "to-do" list! What a fun friend.
what a joy to have such a friend. i am glad you guys had so much fun squeezed into your time. here's to hoping she comes back soon.
Your week with Claudia looks so great. What a fun time. I LOVE that family picture you took of them. So sweet.-
Everyone has something that they have been meaning to do around their house for the last 4 1/2 years. Do you think Alfredo would come up and fix stuff for me?
The to-do list was so funny and clever. Oh, that Claudia!
i don't ever get house guests and i am now going to insist that if people come over for whatever reason, they must stay over. :) what a great visit. claudia is gifted. so are you, i might add. i look at these photos and see these two women who are so amazing and have such wonderful talents. the fact that you share such a great friendship makes it even better.
y'all should roadtrip up to alaska and school me in your ways. :)
It looks like you had so much fun with Claudia. I love the To DO list on the frige with Missy Jill on top. That's awesome that Alfredo fixed your washer- that's a great house guest if you ask me! The kids are so cute too, I can't believe they slept at Training Table! They are good travelers. Too bad Claudia lives so far!
The portrait is georgous and I hope Claudia makes that into a canvas for sure!!
I love having house guests esp. if I can be myself in their company and even more so if they fix things!!
I have something for you over at my blog.
How fun! I have to say that I laughed out loud at the idea of one of the kids falling off the bench and then actually going back to sleep! You can tell that these are kids that are used to being on the go! And I'm also jealous that Claudia found the lemons at Taipan. I'm always looking for those!
claudia is beautiful.. so is her whole family! looks like a fun visit!
I am usually only a lurker on your site but I wanted to tell you that I love, love, love the way you document your every day life with pictures and posts that makes it all very special and really highlights the emotions of your life.
i am telling you it just makes me want to come visit you right now.
what a treat to read all that.
that family photo has to seriously be the best ever. I LOVE it!!!
I laughed so hard about Jorvik falling off the bench, then going back to sleep. Too funny. What a party! Love the Cheetos inquiry, too. :)
Every time claudia visits it seems like a little adventure.
It was actually nice to get a visual of their car packed because I couldn't believe Alfredo would bring his imac, but it made more sense when I saw the box.
Such a cute photo of their family.
That totally sounds like something we would have done (not switched the tubes on the washer) I think it's awesome he did that for you.
Claudia had some cool finds. I actually just bought two topiaries just like the ones you posted. That family photo is great you took of them. We need to do ours sooN!
I am amazed how well Claudia's boys travel. She has trained them well!
Her purchases look awesome. I'll have to check out that store next time we're in Utah.
a visiting handy man? can he come to my house next?
i love the to-do list!
claudia inspires me to be more spontaneous, i love that she can just show up! how lucky for you both!
what FUN!! I love the whole idea of having house guests like that.
p.s. Who knew Claudia loved Cheetos?
Seeing her purchases makes me want to go to TaiPan! And her family picture is so cute- I'm glad it is not just my kids who don't want to look at the camera! I wish my house guests tried to fix things- what a guy! Another great visit!
you are such a great hostess! that claudia is so amazing. I am so glad you had a great time- that picture you took is fantastic
Oh missy...what fun I always have with you. Too bad is soo short...next time we will have to stay with you the whole time...OH NO! Really. Hey the photos look fantastic, I just wished my hair would have been shiny like the photo outside the V restaurant! heheheheheheh I was remembering what you said! Thanks for such wonderful time and ohhh soo short. I had a little tug on my heart from your last comment with the car leaving....snif! I miss you tons when I leave! It is good to see you, at least once a year! goshhhhhhh. Jorvik just said JOTA DE JORVIK!
I just told Jorvik about the foto, I said why did you now look and he said, 'THE POMPIS SE VOLTEARON' esas son mis pompis!
What a fantastic portrait of Claudia's family! I would love to see more of what you took. I love having house guests and (almost) always cry when they leave. My sister, Susan, was visiting this week and I am always sad when it is time for her to go.
My washer doesn't have issues, but my dryer does. It makes a horrible screeching sound when it first starts up and I have to hold my breath and hope that it keeps working.
I bought a big bag of cheetos at costco too!!!
Post a Comment