
Yesterday was the first day in almost 2 weeks that Michelle's house wasn't in a state of flood-recovery chaos, so she was giddy. I brought an Alfredo, Tomato, Ham pizza from Pizza Factory for our lunch, and it felt like a tasty reward.

Eva was playing with the new Play-Doh set I gave her for her birthday, but kept wanting Michelle's help with various things. Poor Michelle was getting flustered, and the volume and frequency of Eva's comments and questions was such that we could hardly finish a sentence without an interruption.

At one point, Eva was sitting at the table with us waiting for her lunch (which just couldn't be cooked fast enough...those pesky quesadillas, how dare they take 4 minutes to cook!) and decided to count loudly to 100. She continued to do this during the quesadilla's cooling period as well. Michelle and I were laughing and trying to decide if this was going to turn into Creative Friday--Earplugs Edition or not. I grabbed Michelle's camera and took video of Eva doing this, so hopefully Michelle will post it so you can get the idea.

Michelle and I were finally able to work on our projects and have a conversation in relative peace once Eva moved into the family room to play a Littlest Pet Shop game on the Wii. Michelle was busy cutting and packaging her cute birthday gift tags.

Lisa recently sent Michelle a birthday box and included some of her favorite snacks from Trader Joe's for us to have during Creative Friday. How nice is that?!

I was feeling seriously back logged with my intended correspondence so it was wonderful to sit down and write 10 cards! I was telling Michelle that last week at our last PTA Meeting of the year (woohoo) we had a huge stack of thank you cards to write to all our Walk-A-Thon sponsors, and how some of the women were grumbling about not liking to write thank you notes, but how I had no problem at all with the task and ended up writing many notes with no hesitation.

It was the first time I realized how "in practice" I am and how great it was to feel the ease of it. It's a very rare day that I feel "in-shape" in life, but apparently when it comes to thank you notes I'm in the best shape of my life, ha! Who knew? (As of yesterday I have sent 1204 pieces of good mail since January 2006!)

Michelle ended up having a pleasing stack of envelopes ready to mail, except for the postage.
Our self-portrait at the end of the day.**Does that pizza look good to you?
Do you ever want earplugs during the day?
What kind of thank-you note "shape" are you in?
Do you love Michelle's tags?**
21 comments:
I am so craving pizza now...looks good!
I pretty much want earplugs everyday. So glad it is warm enough to send them outside when the noise gets to be too much. Eva needs to come and be loud over here next time so you two can get some peace!
I am not in superstar note shape like you, I think I would finish somewhere in the middle...
so sad that pizza place doesn't exist here...i've missed GOOD pizza!!!
poor eva- i share her food-waiting pain these days. :) i hope michelle posts that video! and how great that her house is getting back to pre-flood days.
i'm in horrible thank you note shape these days. embarassingly so...
and yes! love her tags!
i just sat down to a wonderful lunch of peanut butter and Ritz crackers, and then i saw it... the photo of that pizza!! oh, my!!
i can't think about anything else now!
That pizza does look good. Too bad we don't have a CPK around here!
I do wish for earplugs occasionally. Thank heavens for the warm weather and being able to play outside!
I am in good shape I think with thank you cards. Although, I think I need to take a page from your book, and keep track! Sometimes I have sent more than one thank you to the same person, because I couldn't remember if I sent one or not. :(
Michelle's tags are seriously cute!!
Pizza looks delish.
I'm pretty good at ignoring my kids without earplugs. :)
I could be in better thank you note shape!
I think if I were to buy ear plugs I would never take them out some days. Pizza in general looks like. I am not a tomato kind of girl so I can pass with that. I am glad you could finally get together again.
That pizza looks fabulous! Yum.
Sorry that adorable Eva wasn't really cooperating with the C.F. plan. 3-4 yo's can be so CHATTY!
BTW, I love the new look. The green is awesome and the photo for your banner is gorgeous. I think I need a makeover very soon- how much do you charge? (I'm not joking... would a Sonic g.c. do it for you?)
I need to catch up on your posts later but let me just say that I love that new blog header!!
That pizza was delicious and really did feel like a reward! I'm so glad you came over, it helped me to feel like life is truly getting back to normal.
Earplugs are pretty tempting. Normally I'm fairly good at ignoring all the talk, but when you're trying to have a conversation...
I love that you are in the best note-writing shape of your life. No one could beat you!
p.s. did the video not load into smugmug properly?
ohhhh my can I come to Colorado with Michelle too? How nice and fun that she is going to take a brake especially aftet what has happpend in the last couple of week. Anyone would need a breather. Oh my, every time you post on Creative Friday I feel sooo happy. And giddy. I am happy to know that you had an almost calm quite one...eva sounds like alexei and jorvik....by the time you get moving to an idea, they interrupt.....
That may be my favorite SP of you two! And your new banner is covetous- I drove by your house this afternoon and admired the white Adirondack chairs and wished for comfy seats under shady trees like yours! Happy sight.
Best banner ever- I didn't see it before!
Wow over 1000 you rock!
that pizza looks AMAZING! yum.
I am in HORRIBLE note-shape, how sad:( I need to work on this one big time. You are my inspiration.
Love the tags!!
I'm so glad you're back to Creative Fridays. They are such an inspiration. Of course I love Michelle's tags. ;)
jill call me, if you can still meet for dinner tonight- I left you a message on your cell phone. patsy
That pizza looks delicious. I think that banner is my favorite yet! So great. Love the green. Yes, Michelle's tags are awesome.
I so sympathize with Michelle's frustration with Eva. I feel like I can never get anything done and I hear "mom" about a million times a day (including right now!) I loved your post below about the soccer game and your sweet brother. I think your parents are so great with him.
blog header -super cute
pizza - super yummy
Eva - super funny
card - super delightful
thank you notes - super
I have several friends that comment frequently about my t/y notes which makes me think I must be in good t/y note writing shape too! I do agree that the more you do it the easier it is.
You are killing me with that pizza right now! Mmmmmmm! I miss the Pizza Factory.
I think it is so fun how people send you treats for Creative Friday.
Michelle's tags are adorable.
Glad you got Creative Friday in!
Yes, that pizza looks fabulous. (Can you tell I'm hungry?)
Wearing earplugs sort of makes me feel claustraphobic, but I admit there are times I like to plug into my iPod for a little relief.
I am in very poor thank-you note shape and admire yours.
I LOVE Michelle's tags!
Post a Comment