
"Every life has peaks and shadows and times when it
seems that the birds don't sing and bells don't ring.
Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity,
those who are happiest seem to have a way of
learning from difficult times, becoming
stronger, wiser, and happier as a result."
--Joseph B. Wirthlin
14 comments:
Good, good thought and something I work towards daily!
I whole heartedly agree.
Step back, look at the big picture, and accept adversity's challenge to overcome it and gain strength from the experience.
Great thought here-
does this mean you are struggling with something?
I hope not- although I think we are... all struggling with something. I hope whatever it is/isn't-- it won't last :)
lots of love -- pj
Love this quote Jill. It's just perfect and I needed it today, thanks for posting it. Love the photo too!
I'm not struggling with anything out of the norm, this thought just kind of stood out to me today. Maybe because I know lots of people who are struggling with things right now.
So true. One of my goals is to try to find happiness in the middle of struggles, not just afterwards. Pretty tough, though.
I just couldn't wait for your Sunday Post today! And, you can see by the lateness of the hour (12:40 EST) that I really wanted to put my own Sunday thoughts into place, tagging onto yours!
Since my blog is not a personal one, but a profession one used more for marketing, it wouldn't be appropriate on mine...but, gratefully,it is rather in line with yours!
A really neat member of our Ward bore his testimony today and I'll recap his words. They hit home to me, as I have been striving so hard to not let discouragment and anxiety overcome my desire to have an increase of faith. I know that faith and fear/discouragment conflict each other.
Brother Sears said that in these times of uncertainty, he turns to those things that he does know are certain-the Savior and the truth of the gospel. He committed to concentrate more on this knowledge and away from the anxiety and fear of uncertain times.
I felt great comfort and had such an instant desire to make that my own challenge. It was perfect for me and what I am struggling with.
Thanks for letting me add to your Sunday thoughts! I really do want to have a personal blog as well as my professional one...first, I have to have a personal life!
this is a great thought, jill. thanks!
I always enjoy these Sunday Thoughts you post!
What a beautiful quote--love it. And I love the new banner!
Megan and Elder Wirthlin had the same birthday- funny reason to like what he says even more but we do.
ohhh this is a beautiful post and picture. I think it is often hard at times while you are in the midst of it, to feel happy but I do agree that when it is pass you can learn and become a better person. hopefully
I loved this darling talk :)
When the Apostles speak in this way it helps me feel less victimized by my own ups and downs. It's nice to know that a decent amount of our struggles are just a part of life.
Post a Comment