
I had the entire theater to myself! I sat in the center of the very top row with my feet kicked up on the seat in front of me, it was glorious!

I don't normally take pictures during movies, but since the theater was all mine, I felt like it would be inexcusable (as a good blogger) not to, don't you agree?
I loved the movie and found it even more delightful than I'd anticipated because it involved Paris and blogging! Who knew? I really wanted to make Beef Bourguignon after seeing this movie, but after seeing the recipe I decided I'd like Michelle to make it and share with me!
**Do you ever take yourself to the movies?
Have you ever had the whole theater to yourself?
Have you seen Julia & Julie?
Are you afraid of complicated recipes?**
Have you ever had the whole theater to yourself?
Have you seen Julia & Julie?
Are you afraid of complicated recipes?**
Comment Window Tidbit: In the past 24 hours I have square danced, slept!, coached a soccer game, gone to a ward breakfast, cheered at a soccer game, slow-roasted in the sun, taken 300 pictures at a ward rodeo, eaten a tasty bbq, gone to Costco with Robyn, done 2 loads of laundry, and am now nursing some very sore legs.
28 comments:
I've decided I would like Michelle to make it and share with me .... Love that!
what a day!
I loved that movie- loved it- I can't imagine the theater alone...that's crazy.
I got your package today, which was over the top thoughtful & kind of you- :)
I checked out that recipe... it looks tough, but seemed like heaven in the movie. I don't think i will make it- nah
I am really hoping to see this movie this next week. I am glad to hear it was better than you thought. How did we not take any pictures especially after I had mine out?
I so love you Jill! I saw this movie last night (LOVED it) and had on my to-do list finding that recipe. So thanks for doing that work for me.
Square danced? Now that's a hot date -- ha! :)
I loved this post! How great to go to the movies by yourself! I loved that movie, too. And, your line about Michelle making beef bourguignon instead of you was too funny!
Jill, I loved the movie and even my husband liked it! He put up such a fight, not wanting to go see a chick flick, but ended up really liking it himself. I never knew anything about Julia Child but I sure like her now. I'd love to get my hands on one of her famous cookbooks.
I've never had the theater to myself and think it would kinda creep me out. I like the safety in numbers motto.
I received your CD in the mail a few days ago...THANK YOU! The songs are great and you didn't know it of course, but the last song on the CD is one of my all time favorites! I love it, thank you!
I thought that movie was great! I laughed and I cried. I'm going to see it again and again. No seriously, I would definitely buy the DVD.
I've never been in the theatre by myself. I think I would get creeped out.
I am afraid of complicated recipes but I usually try them anyway. I don't always succeed, but that's ok.
Wow, what a day. Good thing you propped your legs up during the movie yesterday!
We had the theatre to our family once. Just us in Fox and the Hound.
I did see Julie&Julia. I thought Meryl S. was phenomenal...one more role she aced.
That is a Jana kind of 24 hours!! I don't recall ever taking myself to the movies or having the theater completely to myself. How early a show can I find? Unfortunately, not much seems to start/open by 9:15am.
It is so much more pleasant (and fun) to watch a movie in an uncrowded movie theatre! Good for you! It's also an extra bonus when you LIKE the movie!
Now that's my kind of HOT date!!
This is exhausting to read about your last 24 hours! Seriously!
I have never been in a movie theatre by myself and think I might be a little scared to do so?!
LOVED Julie and Julia and thought that Meryl was amazing in - so much like Julia! I heard that cookbook has sold out and had to be reprinted.
I would love for Michelle to make you such a dinner and have photos as the step by step process.
I really try to stay away from such complicated recipes!
Enjoy your day of REST!
To answer your questions: no, no, no, and yes. Jealous of your "me time"! :)
Just saw J&J tonight. Honestly, I didn't love it like I expected to. I almost had a theatre to myself once. Would have been fun.
I have been on the fence about this movie but after this and some of these comments, I might try and get there this week.
I'm be way jumpy if I were the only one in the theater. No one would see me but by the end of the movie I would definitely be freaked out.
I'm so glad at this point that you are nursing some sore legs and not doing anything else. Hope tomorrow really is a day of rest.
I still haven't seen the movie....
in the past 96 hours I haven't left the house except to go the the dr. Why do I feel wasted?
I've had a theater to myself a few times and I think it adds even more to the fun of seeing a movie. Unless you start worrying that there's someone hiding under the seats waiting to grab your ankles...
I get overwhelmed by complicated recipes, and if I'm the only one that's going to be eating the final meal, I sometimes scrap my plans and just make a quesadilla.
Would like to take myself to the movies, but never have time. I was also surprised that I loved Julia & Julie. And did you think Amy Adams looked different than most characters she plays? Maybe not afraid of complicated recipes, but definitely too busy for them! Your past 24 hours sounds fun.
I love going to movies alone, but having the theater to myself would only make the experience better. Glad you liked the movie!
I think seeing a movie in a theater alone would be delightful.
I have never gone to a movie just me. Hmm, I wonder if I could do it? And I have never seen an empty theater... Wow, lucky! But I loved Julie & Julia! I saw it twice and loved it even more the second time!
A movie all by yourself, in the middle of the day, sounds dreamy to me! I am sad I haven't seen that movie yet.
I have made beef bourgignon, and it is delicious. I will gladly make it for you!
about your comment window tidbit: WOW!!
About your blog post: I LOVE to watch movies by myself and I would have been in heaven to have a whole theater to myself! I haven't seen that movie but it looks cute.
I am sometimes intimidated by recipes but it is more likely that I just pass them up because I'm a ridiculously picky eater--I'm sure I miss out on a few good things because of it...but only a few :)
Glad you had such a delightful time on your hot date :)
Your pictures of the movie are funny--a few more and you could sell this post as some sort of bootleg pirated something. What a wonderfully relaxing date!
Hey,
I made that recipe and it turned out great, my family loved it and now that I have her book I am hoping to make many more. I loved that movie and would love to go to Paris!!!!
Daniela
Loved Julia & Julie-
and yes, I get a little nervous to try new recipes that seem a little complicated.
I have never had a movie theater to myself! Was it at all strange to be in there alone?
I've never been to a movie all by myself, but it looks like it would be luxuriatingly (that's not really a word. . . .) solitary. And I really want to see that movie!
I love going to the movies alone- and to BE alone in the theater too...bliss! I love that you took a pic of the screen :)
That recipe looks sooo good. I am not afraid of any recipe!
Post a Comment