Thursday, February 11, 2010

Creative Friday--Thursday Edition

Michelle and I got together today for "Creative Friday" because I will be going to help during Whitney's class' Valentine party at 2:30 and we didn't want to have to cut our day short.

It ended up being great that we switched things around because I was working on a project very late last night and then was so revved up I couldn't sleep until around 3:00am, which means I'll probably be zombie-like tomorrow but did great today.


Eva joined us for our self-portrait today.


Michelle had this cute plate full of conversation hearts on her table and I just had to take a picture. I knew she had probably had it out to create a brilliant blog banner (which she did), but must say that what they lack in taste they make up for in visual delight.


Because Michelle has had a crazy, Smotherhood-filled week of sick kids and because I changed our day at the last minute, I decided to bring lunch for us. I went with Taco Amigo because it's tasty and because .99 cent tostadas, tacos and cheese burritos are a good deal...but my presentation skills need work.


Today Michelle and I both giddily worked on making our house cleaning file boxes that we learned about during last night's organizing class (are you intrigued or disgusted?).


I'll have to explain the system in more detail in another post, but I will say it's easy, brilliant and an office-supply lover's dream!


Eva joined us for dinosaur drawing and coloring. She knows everything about dinosaurs, and can pronounce huge dinosaur names without stumbling.


I really thought I'd have time to write some thank you notes today, but I spent the entire 3.5 hours working on this box!

**Are you intrigued or disgusted by the box?
Can you pronounce dinosaur names?
Are you helping at any Valentine parties?
Do you enjoy tacos, tostadas and cheese burritos?**

Comment Window Tidbit: It turns out the problem with my sidebar was because last week's Five for Friday post title was too long! Go figure! I just went in and shortened it and the problem was solved!

Don't forget Friday is the 12th so it's the day to work on Amy's fabulous 12 on the 12th project (click the link for info and the template).

22 comments:

michelle said...

You look SO SO cute in this week's self-portrait! (I wish that would happen to me. Maybe someday.)

I'm glad we switched Creative Friday around to make sure it happened. I'm always thrilled and slightly surprised when you are just as eager to make it happen as I am. (Still waiting for you to decide it's not worth it, I guess.) Hooray, hooray!

I am totally giddy about my box. Totally. Thanks again for picking up the needed materials. And thanks to Oxford for making them so colorful and pleasing. (I decided I don't care if they are thin - I love the colorful stripes so.)

Cheryl said...

That must be your 'brain box'. I attended a class at Education week quite a few years ago that I'm pretty sure is the system you are learning by the same woman. I loved it.

Linda said...

I am very intrigued by the box, due tell, please!

Esther said...

Love the self portrait this week; Eva is so photogenic when SHE wants to be.

Hey, did I tell you that we have a Cafe Rio now...and we eat there as often as we can - of course, I mean Claidia, Alfredo and I, hehehehehehe....LOVE IT.

melanie said...

I know most people think they taste like sugared cardboard but I love conversation hearts. I haven't had any yet this year but I always love the white, pink and yellow.

Very intrigued by the box and wondering if I could keep the filing system straight or if (more likely) I'd hit it strong in the beginning and fizzle out not too far in.

I made heart shaped rice krispies for Kat's party and called it good.

Very cute sp of all of you!

melanie said...

Oh and thanks for the 12 on the 12th reminder.

Natasha said...

This is a great SP. I want to know more about the box!

Michelle said...

The box scares me...but I do love office supplies. I adore the self-portrait!

Liz said...

I am intrigued with your housekeeping box. Can't wait to read the details of that tip.

I did sort of help at Jared's party. I provided paper plates and napkins and helped with glueing the cute craft another mom brought in. We don't have school today, so all the kids had their parties yesterday.

Thanks for the link to the template, now I can do last months and this months (once I take all my photos....almost half way there!). :)

Melinda said...

That is so crazy about the title! Who knew that could be a problem?

Ryan just walked in and yelled it's Jill! She took my picture!

We love Taco Amigo around here. Jason goes for lunch and we have joined him several times. Since I could eat mexican 5 nights a week, he knew we would like it there.

I am intrigued by the box. I would love to learn more.

I feel like I need to sit down with you and Michelle and get a tutorial or France. The do's and the don'ts of it.

Price Cream Parlor said...

'office supply lovers dream'? I'm in!

Lauralee said...

oh I can't wait to learn more about the box and those awesome looking note cards!

Bond Girl 007 said...

Hey, missy. I don't think you need any organizational skills do you? I am admiring your box and tools, I mean, I just think you already do a great job at things, maybe it is not the sooo visible things you are working on...because your home is always sparking clean. I feel to shame sometimes, when things are not as tidy as you and I know they should be. You know what I mean! Can't wait for that post, I guess it is always good to improve on things. I love love love love the spt. I guess EVA is as sweet as could be, we do share the same birthday! It sounds like things are going well. I am bumbed today, because my kids do not have school today or monday...I wished I could just get in the car and go over there, for a much needed cut and style and visit...oh well. Take care,
l.v
claudia

{natalie} said...

i just need someone to come clean my house for me. but since that won't happen anytime soon, i think i will be waiting for your more in depth post on the box.

Kathleen said...

I am SO intrigued with your organizing box. Please do share!

I helped in my son's 2nd grade class today for the V-day party. Complete craziness but fun.

becca said...

How could anyone be disgusted by such a pleasing box!? To say that I am intrigued is putting it very mildly!! I am dying to know the details!!!!

I need a class like that!

collette said...

Where in the world did you get the totally cute 3x5 cards? So much cuter than my boring ol' standard white.

Marla said...

Would love to know more about the system...had no idea they made striped index cards!

Rebekah said...

One day I'm going to have to take this class, that is, if she offers it in an online format. I'm intrigued by all that you're doing.

shannon said...

Isn't it so true that what the conversation hearts lack in taste they make up for in visual delight?--well said...

I can't wait for the post on organizing tips...seriously! That kind of stuff is totally up my alley...I'm definatly intrigued!

Kim Sue said...

not sure that i love that the idea is about housecleaning but I LOVE those cute index cards!

Amy said...

I don't think I've ever eaten Taco Amigo, but it looks really yummy! Maybe after Paris I can indulge!

So, when are you going to post more about this homekeeping program? I'm intrigued. And anything that would allow me to buy those adorable index cards can't be all bad, right?