
The dining room table was quickly covered again!

The hodge podge of old and new photos is fun to see, but can be overwhelming to deal with.

For lunch today my mom made tortilla soup and quesadillas, mmmm good!

Whitney has been campaigning for my mom to make clothes for her lemur webkin, but I informed her that "Nana, doesn't have time to do that". So I was quite surprised when I arrived at my mom's house today to find her sewing a brown, velvet, pearl-trimmed shawl to accompany the brown velvet skirt she'd already made! She even made a little pearl bracelet. Whitney was beyond thrilled!! Doesn't this lemur look like she's headed to the opera?
**Do your stuffed animals have clothes?
Do you enjoy scanning photos?
What did you do today?**
Comment Window Tidbit: I have no idea how my blog's sidebar ended up at the bottom of the screen, what the?!
Do you enjoy scanning photos?
What did you do today?**
Comment Window Tidbit: I have no idea how my blog's sidebar ended up at the bottom of the screen, what the?!
16 comments:
Oh my gosh. The lemur's pearl-trimmed velvet opera ensemble is so cute, I'm dying! No wonder Whitney is beyond thrilled. That was an adorable thing for your mom to do.
I don't really enjoy scanning photos. But I enjoy having them scanned. It's a problem, really.
What did I do today? Took the kids to the doctor, got their prescriptions, tried to take a nap, tried to stay awake, made dinner, put up a dumb post on my blog. Great day, eh?
Almost all the stuffed animals around here have makeshift clothes or barrettes on them somewhere. Kat can get quite inventive. But the Lemur attending the opera tops them all. Funny and so adorable. I can imagine the delight on Whitney's face.
Today I did laundry all the while I was wishing I could call in sick to work.
Your mom's a saint!!
KBB
I would get frustrated with a photo scanning project that large but that makes it truly a gift, right? The lunch looks yummy and the opera clothes are cracking me up!
Luci loves the kitty Whitney gave her btw and was thrilled to have it here on her actual birthday. Thank you!
Whoa. That lemur is darling. (Now I'm going to go wiki and see what a lemur is.) I love how your mom made time for Whitney's wish. She's always so supportive of your kids and that's fun to see.
What a gift you're giving. And while it may have been given to your mom, it's going to give to so many others in the meantime--generations, really. Good for you. I'm daunted for you, but enjoy listening to you digging (er, scanning) your way to the bottom and telling us what you're doing with them.
Now I know what a lemur is. I need to watch more cartoons.
What a wonderful grandma your mom is.:) And what a wonderful daughter you are.
Just remember how to eat an elephant- one bite at a time. (One pile of pictures at a time)What a feeling of accomplishment you will have when it's all done!
Oh too cute. My daughter is always dressing her stuffed animals up, but I have never attempted to make any clothes yet. She would love it though. You mom is the coolest grandma around for doing that.
That little outfit is so darn cute!! That was so nice of your mom to make that for Whitney. I can imagine she was thrilled beyond anything.
I pretty much did nothing yesterday due to having a borderline migraine. So I stayed down most of the day.
I haven't done much scanning in the way of photos. I need to get on top of it though.
How fun! What a great idea and fun way to "get away"! I am not a Nicholas Sparks fan at all...but I did read this book (the second novel of his I have read, did not enjoy the first one either) only because I heard it was written from the boys perspective while he was in the military. I like soldier stories... I liked the army scenes in the book, but that was about all. Like you said...felt very manipulated. I just don't quite understand why Nicholas sparks is so loved?
It is so crazy to see snowy, cold pictures.....I forget what winter looks like sometimes.
Bread and sugar cookies! Yum. Are they Valentine cookies?
The lemur ensemble is so cute! What a great gift.
Yesterday, I had a "Terrifically Productive Tuesday" evening, in which I stayed in my room and did as much homework as I could. I did not cross everything off my list, but my time was made efficient, nonetheless.
Many, many of our stuffed animals have their own wardrobes.
I love the gift you are giving your mom - what a fabulous idea!
I respect your mother's decision to go formal with the Lemur. My initial reaction would have been a 'casual day at the beach' number, but I think this works better.
There can't be anything much cuter than that lemur! That outfit is so stinking adorable!!!
I was unaware that there was even a lemur webkinz...
we have a couple of bought webkin outfits but nothing compares to this outfit. I can only imagine how excited Whitney is. Carly would love that and has obviously not thought to ask her gmother to make clothes for her webkin!
Lets just keep that lemur outfit a secret between you and me ok? Kaitlin would be begging for something like that for all her stuffed animals and I just don't think I have the time to make 100 stuffed animal outfits. ;)
So, how much longer do you have on the photo project? I still just think this is such a nice gift to give someone.
Post a Comment