Friday, March 12, 2010

Good Mail For Me and For You

It's time for another good mail post, as always make sure to comment and you'll be entered to receive some good mail from me.


Rebekah sent me and Michelle each a brilliant thank you note which included this darling, tiny thank you banner (mine is now hanging on my bulletin board).


Emily sent me this very cute, homemade card (I love the envelopes on it) with one of the nicest notes I have received inside it. Wow.


This is the back of the envelope from Emily.


Missy Claudia sent me this very appealing notebook specifically for keeping track of my Paris-inspired outings (which I haven't done since the fall!).


Tiana sent me this box full of chocolate-covered pretzels in the shape of Mickey Mouse ears. I'm pacing myself with these.


Last week at book club Jana gave us all a bag full of her homemade rolls (seriously so good) and a cute little thank you note for the Christmas gift we gave her.


Amy M. sent me one of her beautiful photo thank you notes for the birthday card and cd I sent her and for watching her girls.


Mindy sent me this thank you note (which I made for her a couple years ago) to thank me for the birthday mix cd I sent her.


Nikki sent me this cool stuff (it's a "high-tech cleaning compound") to clean all my electronics because she knows I enjoy cleaning...I just do, so this was definitely good mail for me.


Elizabeth sent me this personalized card to thank me for a cd I sent her.


Sandy sent me a very nice note, her favorite biscuit recipe and this great meal-planning magazine. I NEVER buy cooking magazines, but was very excited to get this. I am trying to be better about making dinner regularly and trying new recipes, so this was a very thoughtful package idea.


Liz sent me this birthday package this week. At first I thought she was sending something to me to give to Michelle for her birthday (which is Sunday), but then was delighted to find that it was a belated birthday gift for me instead. I was more than happy to take it!


I got these beauties in the mail from Esther today!

**Have you sent or receive any good mail lately?
Do you like to clean?
Do you enjoy chocolate-covered pretzels?
Do you buy cooking magazines?
Do you love thoughtful notes?**

Comment Window Tidbit: Whitney and I have to be in Sunday dress for a Stake Activity Day tomorrow morning at 9:00 and this feels beyond daunting to me right now. It's just too cruel to have to get up and ready so early on a Saturday.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I so love good mail. Thank you so much for the lovely Birthday CD. I won't lie. I have played #2 about a million times in the past 3 days. Something about that song makes me get my work done faster. Plus my kids love to dance. Hurray for good mail. PS How do you spell Hurray?

melanie said...

Oh man, church dress at 9am on a Sat is very cruel. Hope it doesn't feel like that in the morning.

I like to clean but it depends on the task. Mopping floors-no, vacuuming-yes, ironing-no, dishes-yes.

I love thoughtful notes and need to write more of them. They are uplifting to send and receive!

evelania said...

Yay! I finally get a shot at the Good Mail. I'm not totally opposed to cleaning because I like to have things clean. I don't like picking up after other people though. I am looking forward to using some of the tips you were given a while back about organizing and stuff.

I love cooking books and magazines. Funny thing is, I usually just get recipes off the internet. I love that on some sites you can read reviews and see what other people think of the recipe.

Yes, I do love thoughtful notes; both writing and receiving.

JulianneB said...

My son is leaving for Haiti on Friday so we have been getting lots of good mail in the form of checks and encouraging notes for his trip and at last his passport. Sometimes I like to clean. I love, love chocolate-covered pretzels, perfect blend of sweet and salty. I like Rachael Ray's cooking magazine and buy it. And I love all kinds of thoughtful notes. Your good mail posts have re-inspired me to encourage others constantly.

kelly said...

I so heart chocolate pretzel and cooking magazines!! And the mini thank you banner is beyond cute!

{natalie} said...

i bought my daughter a print for her bedroom that arrived yesterday so that was good mail. i need to send some!

i don't really mind cleaning but hate spending time doing it.

i love chocolate covered pretzels. we are working our way through the costco sized bag right now.

i buy lots of cook books but then end up using recipes from friends more.

i love notes of all kinds but thoughtful ones are the best. happy saturday and hopefully you get out the door ok. i have to leave for work at 8 am and since that is the time i'm using rolling out of bed i'm not too excited this morning!

Doodle Bugs said...

I sent three good mail packages this past week. One was a birthday gift, one was a gift for a blogging friend on bedrest and another was to my neice. And she got the package when I was at her house- so I could have just hand delivered- BUT, it was the thought of getting mail, right??


No- and I enjoy writing the check to the cleaning lady each week

I LOVE white chocolate covered pretzels.

Never buy cooking magazines but I do subscribe to a Kraft magazine (it used to be free, but now they charge) and it's for simple and easy cooking- so I enjoy it.

I love ANY kind of notes or mail other than bills :o)

Happy Weekend to you!!!

Alana said...

I had to do that last saturaday and was fully rewarded.
I love gettin cooking magazines or cookbooks. I even check them out of the library.

Kim Sue said...

I've sent some notes the past couple of weeks but have a couple of happies that are sitting on my work table just waiting to be packaged and mailed. Just can't seem to get to it! Love to get good mail of any kind but there is something so wonderful about a thoughtful note!

Esther said...

I have learned from you and Claudia how to find and appreciate beautiful stationary/along with the message(s) in them. Now when I write, I am inspired.

I enjoy cleaning - specially Spring cleaning because it gives me an opportunity go through everything....plus I enjoy the smell of cleanliness.

patsy said...

Yes... dress up meetings on saturday mornings make me want to scream!!

HoooooRRAY FOR good mail!!!
I sent out 4 pieces yesterday & it felt so good. :)

p.s. I LOVE carmel/chocolate pretzels.

Sandy said...

I love to receive good mail and received some a couple of weeks ago. Like to clean, but don't have much time, so it becomes a chore I don't enjoy often. Salt & Chocolate are a beautiful combo, so yes to the pretzels! A friend subscribes me to the cooking magazine, but I have been known to buy them. Thoughtful notes are sweet.

Liz said...

Glad you got the package! Sorry to confuse you, and sorry I am soooo extremely belated! I promise to do better this year! :)

michelle said...

I am still marveling over the tiniest banner ever! So cute.

You know I don't love to clean, but I do love having things clean. You know, for 1/2 hour or so.

I adore chocolate-covered pretzels. I didn't know that Costco had a big bag, this is dangerous news.

I used to buy cooking magazines all the time. I still love them, but since I don't really read magazines anymore, I tend to get recipes online.

I am ever so curious about what could be in the best note you've ever received!

Rebekah said...

It's so cool seeing something that you've sent to someone once it's arrived at its final location. Very neat. That little banner used to be right here on my craft table, and now it's all the way at your house is Utah. Mail is cool.

As always, I love Claudia's good mail. She has a natural hand with beauty.

Jana is about to burst and she's still making homemade rolls? Man, I feel like a lazy slug!

Lisa R.D. said...

I love, love getting good mail... even more than that I love sending good mail to people who really appreciate it. One thing I don't get... people that love good mail but don't ever send it? What's up with that?

Tasha said...

I love that little thank you banner! It is darling!

Rob said...

I like buying cooking magazines but then only find like a handful of things from them. They are so expensive but I enjoy trying to find new recipes. -Diedre Gray

Anne said...

I actually HAVE sent out good mail lately. 4 pieces!! It's kind of a miracle! I hate hate hate cleaning, so maybe my apartment is a little messy. I love chocolate covered pretzels, the salty sweet yumminess is the best! I sometimes buy cooking magazines (oh, and I get everyday food in the mail) but I rarely cook out of them. Total waste of my money, but I can't resist! Because I'm horrible at writing thank you notes I really don't expect them in return. Sometimes they make me feel guilty (Is that weird?)

Denise said...

Emily really does know how to write a thoughtful note. I miss that girl and can't wait to have her home for the summer! I love your Good Mail posts--it's fun to see what comes your way.