Monday, March 01, 2010

Miscellaneous Monday


I probably don't even need to say anything about this, but I will point out that the "hat" on the lemur's head is actually a skirt my mom made for one of Whitney's dolls a few years ago. This animal is currently sitting on her bed and makes me laugh every time I see it.


This was the scene yesterday morning by the time I finally surfaced from bed (after sleeping in and then reading for an hour...delicious). Whitney was writing and illustrating a book for school. She said is wasn't homework, but that they ran out of time in class and needed to finish it later...um, isn't that homework?


We've had a carton of buttermilk in the fridge for a couple weeks now (since I made Denver Sheet Cake for that funeral) so I decided to make the Pioneer Woman's Buttermilk Biscuits for breakfast. You'd never guess I own 4 aprons would you?



The biscuits turned out mighty purty, and were a HUGE hit around here.


The kids each ate 6 of them! This shot is of Landon debating whether he should have another one or not...he did.


Guess what I spied today?! Whitney proclaimed today that it is "almost summer!" but I think she's a little bit ahead of herself on that one. It feels like spring today and is seriously nice outside, so nice that I had to go for a walk despite my very crappy exercise shoes and my limp. It was glorious!


While documenting the evidence of spring going on in our yard I noticed this moss-like stuff (though I'm not sure it's moss) growing on the side of our tree, it's pretty. (Notice my mailbox in the distance.)


A couple people have asked me to write about Conference kits, so here's the link to a post about them. You can email me if you have any other questions, but this should help you out. This photo is of the first one I ever made so it was rather generous, the ones that came after this were less abundant.

**Any dressed up animals at your house?
Have you noticed any signs of spring?
Have you gone for a walk lately?
Are you a messy cook?
Do you enjoy biscuits?
Will you be making Conference kits?**

Comment Window Tidbit: I did NOT make dinner by 2:00 today and am so wishing the dinner fairy would make an appearance!

12 comments:

Emily said...

I am a very messy cook, but thankfully we have an unspoken agreement and usually my husband does the dishes when I make a big meal. Bless his soul.

Sandy said...

I've got spring fever bad! It's the only sign around here since it snowed yesterday, ugh... I'm not a messy cook in terms getting stuff on me, but I do dirty a bunch of dishes, etc. Biscuits are heaven! Conference kits sound interesting. Going to your blog post now to see about them. Thanks!

Rebekah said...

People here are in a state of defiant resistance. Even though it's still fairly cold, I know many of my coworkers have put away their winter coats and re-fuse to take them out again. Stick a fork in us, we're done.

Anna said...

you will have to have my sista Lisa over to look at your moss when she moves to SLC next month - as she will be missing her Portland moss. :)

Melinda said...

It was very warm today. I tried to wear a short sleeve shirt but got too cold and have been sporting a sweat shirt since. I really need to get out and go for a walk with Ryan. I think he would be in heaven with this and I need the exercise desperately.

I do enjoy biscuits and need to make some. I really want to remember to make conference kits. I need to start collecting some things for them.

And yes, I am an extremely messy cook.

Kim Sue said...

I frequently wish on my drive home that the dinner fairy had shown up at my house....I don't remember it happening yet but I keep wishing!

Natasha said...

I want a dinner fairy!

The pic of Landon eyeing the biscuits is priceless!

michelle said...

I am in love with that picture of Landon eyeing the biscuits. It speaks volumes. Absolutely priceless capture!

I have a bunch of cute aprons, which I love, but usually forget to put on... so yeah, I frequently have flour all over my shirt.

I think you've got lichen on your tree. I noticed some recently on the wall by our driveway and was similarly charmed by it.

Thanks for brightening up my mostly crappy day!

Linda said...

It was so warm today that I actually got hot. If it's this hot tomorrow, I'm wearing shorts!

Today would have been the perfect day for a walk but I went to physical therapy this morning for the first time. If my ankle didn't hurt before, it does now. Hopefully I'll get in a walk tomorrow.

Ann On and On... said...

Reckon you make me some biscuits...

:D

Holly said...

Whitney's accessorized toy friends should come over and meet some of Annelise's--they'd hit it off.

I've never made biscuits, so good for you. Who can resist a warm homemade biscuit? Not me! I never use aprons either, even though I have a few--it always seems silly to put one on, yet it's even sillier to have to change shirts when I'm finished cooking.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for the conference link!!!! I'm so excited to put them together for my VTs!!!