I revel in the beauty of spring in general and take great pleasure in the meager spray of flowers growing in my own yard. I check them out each day for progress, document the stages of their development and am sincerely sad when their time of blooming is gone. So for me to be somewhere as glorious as the gardens at Thanksgiving Point was euphoric. I would like to live there or maybe have an annual pass so I could go there often.
My outing was almost ruined because my camera was acting up. It was giving me an error message and wouldn't let me take pictures. I've been feeling like it's in the winter of its life as it is, so I feared it was giving up the ghost on me. Thankfully I looked online (thanks to a panicked call from Michelle who encouraged me to do so) to see if I could find an answer to the error. It took me two minutes to Google the issue and resolve it...it's a good thing I hadn't been using my camera for 5 days eh? Idiot!
That meant my camera was in good form for my outing, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it. I know that's silly, but not to me. I love nature photography and would have felt like I'd lost a limb if I'd gone there without a good camera.

It felt great to have actually followed through on one of my intentions and to be outside enjoying the gorgeous weather (76 degrees and breezy).
I'd like you all to vote for your favorite photos (I labeled them under each picture for you) and thought it would be fun to randomly select a winner or two to receive an enlargement of their favorite photo.

{Photo 4}

{Photo 6}

{Photo 7}

{Photo 8}

{Photo 9}

{Photo 10}

{Photo 11}

{Photo 13}

{Photo 14}

After an hour and a half of wandering the grounds I found a nice bench and read for awhile. The only way it would have been better is if I'd had an ottoman and a waiter.

{Photo 16}

{Photo 17}

{Photo 18}

I've noticed that I've become a little shy with my self-portraits lately due to the ugly period I'm going through. I think that's rather sad.

After further wandering I found myself up by the vendors and treated myself to a churro and sat down to read and write for awhile. There were kids running wild and rolling down the hill (I even saw a couple grown-ups do that) and everyone just seemed happy to be there.

I wrote in my Paris-inspired outings journal and talked myself out of buying a burger (they smelled so, so good).

It's a good thing I went yesterday because this is what it looks like today! I'm fine with rainy days if I've taken advantage of the sunny ones.
**Have you had any days like this recently?
Do you like taking pictures of flowers?
Which photos do you like?**
Do you like taking pictures of flowers?
Which photos do you like?**
Comment Window Tidbit: I hope it's not presumptuous to think anyone would want an enlargement of one of my photos. I just really like doing giveaways and would be happy to receive something like this from someone else, so I'm doing it myself.









41 comments:
I loved all the photos (it is most definitely not presumptuous to offer a gift)--I narrowed down my favorites to numbers 4, 5, and 18.
Beautiful!
When I started reading this post, I thought, "Oh, I hope she calls this one of her Flanerie Fridays" or what's it called? Your post just had that type of feel to it, and then when I got toward the end and you mentioned your Paris-Inpired Outings Journal, they I knew! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day.
My favorite is photo #5. The way the sunlight almost goes through the delicate yellow petals...beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
oh so many to choose from! my favs were 4, 15, 18. great work! utah is my home, but i live on the east coast now. thanksgiving point is usch a great place!
thanks for sharing!
Gorgeous photos! I think I'd pick 9, but really they are all amazing. I went to the tulip festival once a couple years ago and thought it was a little slice of heaven. No wonder you wanted to skip!
Oh the colors! 3,4,and 5 are all gorgeous, but I think my favorite is #17.
Sounds like the perfect day! I love photo#4
I think it's funny that you're just feeling this camera shy thing coming on. I feel it all the time.
I think all your photos are beautiful but my favorite is 11.
We went to Thanksgiving Point yesterday too but over to Farm Country. I hope we get more beautiful days like that again soon.
Close between number 4 and 5. Need to start taking good photos like yo - nonw of mine are enlargement quality.
It's just starting to get nice where I live and no flowers to check out yet but love the sunny days and would happily take a nice rainy day. You know, one of the days where it really rains instead of sprinkles indecicily (no clue how to spell that)
What an inspiring post! I love that you treated yourself to an afternoon of sun, flowers, book, and a churro.
My goodness your photography is good. I loved your photos and couldn't pick a favorite, but I especially loved the colors and angles of 1,3,5,11,and 13--all odd.
Thanks for an uplifting post.
Oh I am so thrilled by this give away!!!!!!
I went to the festival last year or the year before, I can't remember which- but it wasn't a "good tulip" year, so they said...? I love it though.
I, like the other commentors, cant decide between 5, 11, & 13... I love daffodils so 6 was a fav. too... still I think 13 is my top fav. - IT'S A TOUGH CHOICE.
It's really hard to believe those pretty gardens are right there. You would just never know driving down the highway-
I am so glad your camera is working now. Google is so amazing- life changing.
Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures Jill! My favorites are 1,4, and 15.
I just read today of another blogging friend that recently went to Thanksgiving Point with her kids and grandkids. She rolled down the hill! She said she felt a little embarrassed but boy was it fun! I say good for her!
Love # 5. Love the gardens there - hope to make it to the tulip festival some day.
Tulips are my FAVORITE flowers, so to have so many pictures of them to choose from presents a rather difficult dilemma for me. #1 is my favorite, with #13 and 14 being right up there too. I would love to have shared the walk at a tulip festival with you. I'm so glad you remembered and that you shared it with us.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE #4 - the colors, the angle....just screams spring to me. Michelle is right, you do take pictures to be jealous of, but then so does she!
First of all, I cannot tell you how happy I am that you were able to resolve your camera problem! It's like a weight off my shoulders.
I'm so glad you went to the Tulip Festival! I've wanted to do that for several years as well, but have never gotten there. Yesterday was the perfect day, too.
I think a giveaway of one of your photos is simply brilliant! Rock on. Wish I'd thought of it myself.
All of the photos are great, and it was very difficult to choose a favorite. But I pushed myself, and I think it's #5.
All of the photos are gorgeous and I kept thinking that they would make a beuatiful calendar that you could give as gifts or sets of photo cards. You are always so thoughtful and creative that I think it's a wonderful idea to share your photos.
Photo #5 is my favorite but they are all great!
loving 10 and 13...Oh to have a day like that to myself..you should be so glad that you took the time jill!
oooh, #4 is definitely my favorite. I love days like that when I can take some time and smell the roses so to speak.
I hope these pics make their way into some pretty photo cards.
Jill, you are such a great photographer! You really did a such a good job with these pictures. I haven't been to the tulip festival and now I really want to go. Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. I can't decide between 4 and 5.
I am with Natasha, these photos would make awesome photo cards.
gorgeous!!
photo #5 for me :)
I vote for #5 (though #2 and #10 were close).
I love the gardens too. Especially when we have a pass because then we can go just for an hour and not feel any guilt that it would have cost us 6 bucks to get in.
I've rolled that hill and made myself SICK, but it was worth it for the laughter of my kids!
I love that all you needed was an ottoman and a waiter! Ha!
I like the churro photo.
Just kidding.
My favorites: 7,11,18.
I think they should provide a service at Thanksgiving point for renting an ottoman and waiter...I mean they rent those...oh, what are they called?! Those motorized things people stand on - so as to terrify those that are strolling. Do you know what I'm talking about?
ahhhhh missy what a refreshing thing to see...and your hair up! yeah!!!!!!! I think it is wonderful that you finally went there.....it was about time, it is only 10 minutes away from your home.!!!!!!! GGOOOOOODDDDD i THINK you would marvel and thrive with a pass there, i would. i THINK You are right to say without the camera it wouldn't have been the same...true...I am in a hurry but will come back and see all the photos.!! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH don't be shy! you are a sweetheart....and I love love love love love love love love to see you out and about. What a wonderful day!
Okay...I have been a blog stalker for a long time now. I'm sorry to have been a glutenous "taker" and never giving back with comment love.
Now, I'm here in Utah and I recognize all the mountains and streets I see in your pictures and I just love that someone as inspiring as you is now somewhat close to me. {okay, this is sounding a little freakish} but what I'm really saying is that I left you an award at my blog. Because you deserve it, and because it's my peace offering, an "I'm sorry" if you will for being a stalker for so long.
From now on you shall know when I come by for a visit. :)
Your photos are amazing---it was hard to choose. I went back and forth between 5 and 18, but I think I'll have to go with 18.
LOVE your blog!
#4 for SURE! Two of my very favorite things--pink tulips & fluffy white clouds in a blue sky.
I also love #15,16 & 17. And the one with your book open to a gardenscape is AWESOME too, one of my favorites, even though it isn't numbered.
I love your Paris-inspired outings! Remind me to chatter about that topic on Friday.
xoxo
I think these are great photos Jill! I love many, but 5 is probably my favorite. Great job!! Fun giveaway. Glad your camera held on.
These are so beautiful! My favorite is #10.
You just reminded me of one of the reasons I am excited to be in Utah next week...The Spring Flowers are breathtaking. I cant wait to see them.
Ok, I really can't decide on a favorite. But I love #4,5, & 14!
I'm so glad you figured out the problem with your camera! Your pictures were all so lovely!
I wish we had a tulip festival around here. The deer would probably just eat them all though. After last year's deer attack, I've only had two tulips bloom. Thank goodness for daffodils!
I love 5, 10 and the Churro. I'm not gonna lie!!!
I have been on the receiving end of your STUNNING sunflower photo (that I need to find a happy place on the wall now...) Love it!! Thanks, again!
I have plans to take Kelly there when she is here. We are both missing our Oregon tulip festival and so this just might do the trick.
Awesome photography Jill! I love 4, 5, 13, 16! Your getaway sounds perfect. I'm so glad you took time for yourself. Very deserving time too!
Is it too late to enter? This was easy for me. I love #4. It speaks to my soul.
Oh. my. goodness. These are ALL so gorgeous. I love your eye and flair with your camera--great perspectives!
My favorite is #5--but I seriously like all of them.
what a wonderful day! my favorite is #10! I love flower photos too and have taken a few in my yard and many in my mom's yard but have never been to a public garden especially to take my camera and enjoy myself but I need to put that on my to-do list!
#10 is my favorite. I think I need to put "visit a public garden with my camera" on my to do list. Love it!
I've been wanting to go to the tulip festival ever since I saw the billboard ad a week ago. I've gone the last few years and have loved it. Hopefully I can squeeze it in before the tulips are gone.
Your photos are beautiful and bright and make me happy. Thanks for sharing them.
I, too, revel in the beauty of spring! Numbers 5, 9, ad 12 are my favorites, I think...but it was a super hard choice...you took some amazing pictures....
I've never been to a tulip festival before, but man...would this be up my alley!!!!
Yeah, photo 5 is the money shot. It actually makes me feel hopeful and uplifted, and reminds me of the opening Conference shots of Temple Square.
Oh, my, I'm bookmarking this post. So so so beautiful. I wish that I could teleport to that magical spot. #5 is my favorite. Love love love.
Post a Comment