Tuesday, January 11, 2011

12 on the 12th--A Year in Review

Tomorrow is the 12th, which means it's time to start taking pictures for a new year of 12 on the 12th collages. I absolutely love it that I have a full year's worth of these detailed looks at last year's 12ths. Why not join in the fun this year? Click here for info and here for the template (if you don't have Photoshop, you can use this site or do it any way that works for you.

Tuesday January 12, 2010
Friday February 12, 2010
Friday March 12, 2010
Monday April 12, 2010
Wednesday May 12, 2010
Saturday June 12, 2010
Monday July 12, 2010
Thursday August 12, 2010
Sunday September 12, 2010
Tuesday October 12, 2010
Friday November 12, 2010
Sunday December 12, 2010

I have some repeating themes here of family, Carnation Instant Breakfast, blogging, friends, prayer, scripture reading and my ipod. I think this year's 12 on the 12ths will be a little bit different now that I'm working during the day (I'm not going to be sad about this, I'm not going to be sad about this...)

**Will you participate this year?
Just start taking photos first thing tomorrow morning!
Which one do you like best?**

Comment Window Tidbit: Going out after 6:00pm for book club tonight feels so late to me! Blast this winter darkness and my early-morning wake up!

12 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I think that this is the coolest thing. What a great visual journal of your year.

I don't have photoshop, but I need to learn how to do this. I think it would be neat to do.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I hear you on going out at night followed by an early morning. It puts a crimp in your style, no doubt, no doubt.

I have loved seeing your 12 on 12 posts. So much so that I decided to do it this year, too, with just a little adaptation (I'm doing it on the 11th for the year 2011.)

Good luck getting up in the morning after a late night.

Kelsie said...

Thanks for the reminder--I love the idea of "recording" the random details that make up your days.

crystal said...

I've gotta learn how to do the collage this year!

Working is making you a strong, self-reliant woman. (You feel good, you feel great, you feel wonderful. You feel good, you feel great, you feel wonderful.)

xo

TX Girl said...

working is awesome! But, I won't lie, the 12x12 is annoying on working days. I can't really take a picture of a patient. But... YOU have awesome possibilities- a cool equation on the chalk board, a row of lockers. Man, I wish I had your job. Good luck. Can't wait to see what you capture.

michelle said...

I'm partial to March, myself! I also really like June and July.

Last night was fun, but it sure made for a short night...

jenn said...

Thanks for the reminder- I haven't blocked off my calendar to remind me yet for this year so I would have forgotten.

How do you pick a favorite?!

brooke said...

I'm honored to have made one of the pictures. This is a great idea.

tiffany said...

fabulous..i started to try this last year..but well..i think i will try again this year ;o)

Price Cream Parlor said...

Did you make this into a book? Did you blurb it?
Great idea - I might have to attempt this in 2011

Rebekah said...

I don't get off of work until 6:00, so I feel you.

I agree, this is a blurb book waiting to happen!

Holly said...

Every time I read one of your 12x12 posts I always lament the fact I've never done one. Kick me!

I really should try...