So Monday after school (hooray for early out Mondays!) I went to the store to pick up a bunch of ingredients and then Landon and I made Amie's fabulous Gooey Rice Krispie Squares (I've heard them called Scotcheroos). It was a messy, hour-long project but that recipe makes a huge jellyroll sized pan of treats so we were able to put 2 per person in each family on each plate.
Whitney made cards for each of them with no input from us and I love the way they turned out. This one was for our bishop who was released the day before. (It turns out those are his favorite treat, but we didn't find that out until later.)
This one was for a new family in our ward.
This one was for our cute next door neighbors.
And this one was for our newly called bishop (notice the huge thumbs-up she drew).
**Do you ever ding-dong ditch treats for people?
Which card do you like best?
She was rather kind with her self-portraits,
they're definitely not to scale!**
Comment Window Tidbit: Doesn't it drive you crazy when you're trying to find something online (like a map of the United States with the capitals listed in a printable and readable size) and you have to spend 15 minutes sifting through messy sites and ads and all the wrong things until you finally get it!?
11 comments:
So wonderful!!! I've never heard it called "Ding-dong ditching" before and am totally going to use that now. I grew up doing the same thing for FHE every so often except my parents called it "Phantom Families" or "Secret Santas" depending on the time of year. Such fun memories, and perfect cards and treats y'all made!!! Love your blog, pics, posts, and everything, truly!!!
What a good son you have raised, Jill!
Our neighborhood does this for Halloween, kind of.
Whitney's drawings are awesome.
I am going to show this post to Luci. She is on her Student Council's "service committee" (maybe it's called "outreach"?) at school and needs ideas. Unfortunately us Episcopalians are not known for service.
What a great family activity. I'm so glad you showed your success to us.
Go Whitney!!!! What good is being a great artist if you can't throw the "to scale out the window" and make yourself AMAZING.
I think they look pretty accurate. Too cute for words.
What great kids you have! You're raising them well.
I Love this- we haven't done this in a lOng time- GREat idea for next week... my older boys used to LOVe to be so sneaky & door bell ditch the treats- great memories.
Whitney Rocks the card making!
This is ding dong ditching kindness! I love the cards - cute and creative - and always a bonus knowing who left you treats. Having treats left without a note makes you wonder if you should even eat it! ha!
Great family activity! I love all of Whitney's cards.
You'd have to be crazy not to appreciate a plate full of those treats!
What an awesome FHE activity! Good job Landon. We don't doorbell ditch (sorry, that's what we called it in California and I can't get used to the Idaho/Utah ding dong ditch thing) but we do random cookie drops. Every so often, we make cookies and decide who to take them to. My family loves doing it.
This is such a fun thing to do. We need to get our schedule back on track so the kids know when they are up for teaching fhe. We love these treats and I never remember to make them.
LOVE this!! And the cards (scale or not :)) were perfect.
So thoughtful--I'm sure your neighbors, etc. were thrilled.
We've never ding-dong ditched--though I think about it (story of my life).
Post a Comment