Thursday, September 08, 2011

New Favorite Thing



Ah the joy of an iPhone! I am loving it for many reasons, but my newest reason is because it can play songs from my iTunes library and it doesn't need an iHome to do it! I just select the play list I want to listen to while I'm getting ready in the morning and I can listen to it right there in the bathroom with no cords or contraptions involved. It's delightful! Last week I was listening to some of my old favorites (Indigo Girls and other acoustic goodies) but this week I've been listening to my Sunday Morning Mix. It's full of acoustic church songs and I'm liking the calming influence as try to psych myself up for another day of work. I like my job, but it's hard to be gone from home so much...we need a wife here!

**Do you listen to music while you get ready?
What's your favorite music genre?
Do you need a wife at home?**

Comment Window Tidbit: After running the kids around after school each day I basically have 2.5 hours before I need to go to bed. I am no longer watching any TV and I feel flustered. Also, I'm having a hard time finding daytime hours to go visiting teaching next week, aargh!

9 comments:

crystal said...

That's so funny--I often say to Mike, "I need a wife."

Awesome. That's Reason #357 why i love you. :)

Andy said...

Perfection!

What I usually listen to while I'm getting ready... Two girls screaming.

Unknown said...

I listen to music all the time! This was a good reminder to me to get some of my classical and acoustic CDs loaded into iTunes so i can put them on my phone!

Natasha said...

I'm glad you are loving your new phone. My Blackberry can't do those things but I like it because I use it for email and texting so much.

I don't think I've ever adjusted to having to return to work full time and that happened when Luci was 3!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I can't think of anyone who appreciates their iphone as much as you. I'm so glad you have one.

{natalie} said...

oh how i love the iphone.

do you use the pandora app? i also like shazam for when i'm at the movies and want to know the songs in the background.

and instagram is my fav photo app lately. i bet you would love that one. i think i may have mentioned it to you in a previous comment.

i feel your pain on working and being gone and doing kids stuff and then it's bed time. yikes.

michelle said...

I have often felt like I needed a wife, but now I finally feel like I have enough time to BE the wife! It's a pretty good gig when that's all you have going on.

I find afternoons/evenings to be difficult, even without working outside the home! I have no doubt that is hard to juggle.

Holly said...

We have a docking station speaker thingie in the kitchen so I usually listen to my playlists or Pandora when I'm in there or nearby. I've been spoiled by the speakers so I don't usually listen to my phone without them.

I need to upload some CDs to iTunes!

Kim Sue said...

I need to make some playlists. I think I would listen to more music if I did.

I frequently need a wife, and I never have enough time at home! I know what you are talking about.