Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Denver Trip Day 3--Monday


This is the scene I found when I surfaced on the morning of day 3, so funny. Kristi had gone to the store that morning and found all the pool toys on clearance already (school here starts August 1st) so she bought a bunch. The kids were ecstatic about it and didn't mind hyperventilating in order to blow the all up.


Randy got to spend some time perusing one of the books in the sitting room/library. I'm so glad he is getting this week to do a whole lot of nothing, because I'm already starting to feel panicked about school starting in 5 weeks!


Kristi is a wonder and has provided all kinds of good meals and fun snacks, my kids think they're staying in some magical wonderland...and they are!


As soon as we hit the pool we had to enlist Sally Jane's help to reach the sun shade things. I felt a moment of panic that I was going head-on (literally) with the sun here, I needed all the interference I could get.


I realized that Kristi and I hadn't taken any self-portraits yet...what the?! Don't ask me why I thought it was a good idea to do so while makeup-less at the pool, it was a momentary lapse of reason.


Oh how I love lounging with a good book!


Since Kristi knows absolutely everyone she had to be social with the other people there and then had some business to conduct on her phone. I wonder what my life will be like when I get an iphone?


I really think this picture speaks for itself.


I love this photo, it's like a summer still-life with a sense of humor.


Randy and the kids spent a lot of time in the water so they enjoyed warming up in the sun.


Of course I needed to get a crazy jumping shot of the Great Landini.


I love Kristi's cute beach towels. 


Kristi had to leave early to take dinner to a lady she visit teaches, so we stayed awhile longer with the kids. She was also getting Annie Kate's room ready for Jeff's brother who was flying in for a business trip and was staying the night...the guest suite was already booked.


When we returned to the house we found the missionaries there for dinner too. Kristi had gotten some fantastic shredded BBQ pork from Costco and made tasty Cole Slaw to go with it. She hadn't actually known the missionaries would be coming over for dinner until about an hour before, so it's a good thing she was already prepared to feed so many people...she's a wonder!


After dinner the missionaries shared a spiritual thought about specifically praying for someone we can share the gospel with.


After the dishes were done, I set out to go for a walk. Landon snapped this photo as I was leaving and I think it's funny that I often wear this In/Out burger t-shirt while walking; I totally get the irony of it. I didn't take my camera on my walk, but I saw a lot of ginormous houses with enviable backyards, grasshoppers, spiders, several rabbits, a bunch of mountain bikers, people walking their dogs and I received about 5 mosquito bites. I returned home to find everyone sitting around the fire pit having s'mores and listening to Jeff's brother Scott tell stories.

**When does school start for you guys?
Have you bought any pool toys on clearance?
Do you love to read by the pool?
Do you tend to favor a certain t-shirt?**

Comment Window Tidbit: Tomorrow is already the last day of our trip...wahhh!

11 comments:

michelle said...

Kristi really is a wonder!

Way cool photo of the missionaries.

I'm totally impressed that you are still going for walks on vacation – especially if it means missing out on sitting around the firepit talking and making s'mores!

Ashley said...

You do the best job of any blogger I know of recounting ordinary events and keeping me totally interested and amused.

Kristi is so impressive. How does she stay on top of everything?

Our school (and seminary) starts August 15th. It's way too soon!

Enjoy your remaining time!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Kristi's is like a 5 star destination vacation.

Kristi has such gift of hospitality.

ilima said...

Love the shark attack at the pool pic! August 1st for school? That is a crime, people.

Natasha said...

We start school the 1st week of August too.

That picture of Whitney with the goggles is adorable!

Kristi's house looks HUGE and I love how bright and open it looks.

Mitzi said...

I have an old sweatshirt that one of the girls bought me at Express in Woodland Mall back when you girls were in high school. It is still my favorite go to garmet for comfort in the fall and winter. I will probably wear that sweatshirt under the ratty old robe I plan to be buried in. ha(I'm not kidding)

Charlotte said...

This looks like the perfect summer day, Jill! What I wouldn't give for a hot day at the pool right now.

Mrs. McDaniel said...

Jill, I LOVE how you document everyday! I really enjoy reading your posts & I'm trying to do better but I'm still a FAIL! LOL

I need some serious Kristi lessons! How do you do all that and live to talk about it? I would feel a sense of panic & STRESS!!!

THanks for sharing about your trip Jill! It looks like ya'll are having a wonderful time!

{natalie} said...

i love that you are walking on vacation.

the fire pit sounds great and i really wish we had one.

school starts august 22 and i'm not ready yet.

i love reading by the pool or ocean.

i wear the same shorts every day on the treadmill.

i'm so glad you are enjoying your time w/kristi!

Ann On and On... said...

Within those fabulous photos is a stack of what looks like rice crispy treats...tell me it isn't so. :)

Because of the HEAT and only because of the HEAT I went to the public pool. I started a new book, took a nap (I'm hoping I kept my mouth closed) and got some much needed vitamin D. I might just do it again....but first I'll get some clearance pool toys.

Rebekah said...

I really like the first picture of the kids blowing up all of those pool toys. So fun.

I think they need to add pulleys to those sun shades. Who can reach those on their own?

Having people over makes me panic. Having people over at the last minute would send me into overdrive. Kristi is a wonder!