For our March book club we gathered at Amy's house. Poor Jana was feeling super sick (we're not sure why she made the effort to come) and ended up leaving after we ate dinner (she only had 2 sips of Diet Coke and a couple pretzels).
I brought everyone a mini daffodil plant (I'm loving these and have 4 in my kitchen window at the moment).
Amy made this cute card to wrap the $100 Mall Gift Certificate we gave Michelle for her birthday.
This book discussion was a long time coming! I read this back in October of last year and immediately suggested it for book club because I knew it would make for such a great discussion. I ended up rereading it so it would be fresh in my mind for our March discussion, and I loved it even more the 2nd time around.
For dessert Jenn made Never On Sundaes which involved these glorious chocolate chip cookies as a foundation for the ice cream and homemade caramel sauce.
This picture doesn't come close to capturing the tastiness of this dessert!
Good times.
7 comments:
That's on my want to read list.
Pretty dafodils . . .I'm loving all the options this time of year. I brought tulips to a party yesterday for the hostess gift.
So many good ideas in this book club post - like books, desserts, daffodil gifts, and a card idea.
Do you guys disagree on books much?
Good question Jane! We don't usually disagree a lot, but sometimes half of us will love a book and the other half will hate it.
Depressing subject matter?...I'm all over it...This book will be the next I read...(how is it that I've never heard of it?)
That dessert looks amazing! Clever name, too!
I love the mini daffodils...I can almost see their friendly little faces smiling up at me...the fact that their mini makes them extra cute...(the packaging was classy, too)
I think it's really cool that you take a hostess gift to your book club...
I dropped out of my book club a few years ago when it seemed that the only books we were reading were church related...(which is fine, but I need to mix things up from time to time...)
Thanks for letting me throw out lots of unanswerable questions. I actually came up with more I would have liked to discuss over the days after. I think this is a book that could be revisited many times!
All those little daffodil plants lined up look so pleasing. And the caramel sauce...who am I kidding. You know, I'm inspired to try to start a book group. For reals. My home teacher just told me I needed friends. Haha! That sounds worse then it was in reality.
I'm dying that Shannon wants to read it because of the depressing subject matter, so funny.
It was so pleasing to have that great discussion and the dessert was one of the best things I have ever eaten.
Post a Comment