Saturday, May 26, 2007

Coming to a mailbox near you!

My big face...


Barb sent me a sheet of personalized postage stamps with my picture on them! I think this is an incredibly clever and thoughtful good mail gift, but have to laugh at the thought of my face floating through the postal system. So don't be afraid if you open your mailbox and see me staring back at you. Thanks Barb!! (Click on picture to enlarge it and read her sweet message.)
I got this nice thank you note from Jenny D. today for the good mail labels I sent her. Thanks Jenny!


In other news I've been suicidal over my pulsing wisdom tooth today. I don't know what happened but last night the pain went from manageable (with ibuprofen) to unbearable. Of course it's Memorial Day weekend so an emergency wisdom toothectomy isn't possible, plus next Tuesday and Wednesday are the last two fun-filled days of school for Whitney and I can't afford to be out of commission, so that means Thursday morning after Whitney's early-out last day of school is the first chance I'll have to be put out of my misery.


I have NEVER felt pain like this before and can only compare it to labor contractions! That seems a bit extreme, but it seems to wax and wane in intensity and is making me wish for death (so that sounds like labor right?). Fortunately after much phone tag with Kristi, her husband was able to call me in a prescription for something a bit stronger to get me through the next few days. What a relief and a miracle! Randy went and picked it up for me and then I slept for 4 hours! I have hope that I can survive. Thank you Jeff and Kristi!!!!

**What do you think of Barb's idea?
Have you ever been suicidal because of pain?**

22 comments:

Natasha said...

YIKES! about the pain.
HOORAY! about the innovative stamp idea!

jenny said...

What a great idea about the postal stamps. Oh, I am so sorry about your tooth. I had that happen to me once. It was so painful I was curled up in a ball and that was even with oxycodon pills. I hope you can get it taken care of soon. Yes, thank good ness for Jeff is right!

Melinda said...

So sorry about the pain. THat is where I am so grateful I still have my post labor meds. That is what has gotten me through my back pains. It has made me totaly lupey but worth it. I hope you get feeling better.

The stamps are a really cute idea. Especially for little kids to send to grandparents and a picture of your family for christmas cards.

Lauralee said...

those stamps are fun!
bummer about the pain.. the worse pain I have felt was my gall bladder attacks... I felt like I it would be better to die.. nothing would get rid of the pain..I ended up turning yellow.. with jaundice.. long story.. but no more gall bladder.. hope the meds help and you can rest!
take care

Barb said...

Dental pain is horrible. Too many nerves in the mouth.

And I'm not laughing at your pain, but where did you get that diagram? Did you draw it yourself, because if you did that was an incredible effort for a post.

I love Melinda's idea for the personalized stamps at Christmas - it would be interesting to see how a group shot would work out.

Michelle Alley said...

Not fun, pain like that just puts a damper on the day - it's hard to concentrate on anything else. On another note, those stamps are reall great -like you said, very clever! Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth said...

I have thought of putting my kids picture on the stamp but not my own. It is pretty cool though. Even more personalized good mail.
Sorry about the pain. I am glad you got a little weekend relief.

Amy said...

Oh, Jill, that just sounds terrible! Why do these things always happen over holiday weekends, and when there are things we must be present for? Tooth pain is terrible! At least you had some really cute stamps (with a great picture of you!) to cheer you up. Thank goodness for Jeff. Knowing a doctor definitely has it's benefits!

Christina said...

**What do you think of Barb's idea?
SO SO SO LOVE IT!! how cute is that!!

Have you ever been suicidal because of pain?**
totally..i have all FOUR of my wisdom teeth STILL IN! whats up with that?? they have been giving me issue's every now and then..sadly they are still in my mouth and not on some dental tray..

Heather said...

Oh Jill, I hope you are able to get that taken care of soon. Tooth pain is crazy. It doesn't just hurt by the one tooth, but your whole mouth. So glad Jeff was able to help you out.

Photo stamps for the queen of good mail. So fitting. I made some of my niece and me to encourage her to write me more often. I think it has worked!

collette said...

Do I really need to answer about the pain question?? :)

I feel for you my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Jill! So sorry about the tooth pain. I am sure it would be cheaper to fly to Oregon to get an emergency extraction under my "Kelly's friends get free dental care" plan, than it would to find somebody there. Consider it! :) Also, if you think you might have an infection back there, you might want some antibiotics to go along with the pain medicine. That's Keith's usual toothache over the phone recipe if someone can't get in right away. Hang in there.

I'm not surprised about Barb's cute stamps -- she always does amazing things.

Laurie said...

That's a great good mail gift for you.

I hate to think of that pain. I've had gum issues so I know about nerve pain in the mouth + wisdom tooth pain. It can be ferocious. How cool that you have friends who can call in prescriptions!

becca said...

First, LOVE the stamps...never would have thought to do it, but what a great idea!!

I am so sorry for your pain, that sounds like a complete nightmare! I cannot even imagine. I know that toothaches can be more painful than anything....hope you find something to ease it!

michelle said...

The stamps are darling. I for one love the thought of your face floating hither and yon through the U.S. postal system!

I can't believe your wisdom tooth problems, and so glad Jeff was able to hook you up. I haven't been suicidal exactly, but I guess I have wanted to die at times because of pain. Once after I was a dental patient for a friend's board exams, and definitely during the kidney stone. During each of my labors I got to a point where I thought maybe I wouldn't make it through! Here's hoping you get some relief, and fast.

michelle said...

OK, 1. I wanted to ask about the diagram too. At first I thought maybe Randy drew it, but I didn't recognize his signature (but do I really know what his signature looks like?). It's too perfect. and 2. I love Kelly's idea! how cool would that be??

Anonymous said...

I have had suicidal dental pain- I feel for ya. I hope they get you in and fixed up fast.

The stamps are cool- I have received a wedding announcement with the couples picture on there- pretty cool. I can't think of anyone more appropriate to be appearing in the mail system.

Doodle Bugs said...

ugh! so sorry about your pain. I hope you can make it until Thursday. Kristi is a great friend :o)

the stamps are awesome and should be fun to use!

hope you are feeling better! take care :o)

Emily said...

Oh Jill, I am soooo sorry. I hate pain and I just can't function with it. There have been a couple of times where I thought pain was going to kill me, fortunately Kelly's husband has come to my rescue with a handy prescription! I hope your meds keep you comfy till you can get permanent relief!

georgia-mom said...

I've had eight kids by natural childbirth--no meds--and I think tooth pain is worse than labor!

amy gretchen said...

I'm sorry about your tooth. I have been in pain like this before and although pulling your teeth is no picnic it feels so good to get it out. Good luck to you for the next few days. Will you be going tomorrow?

carlo said...

oh my-- see this is why i need to check in daily-- i had no idea aboutyour tooth issue. eeek!

hope you are feeling better. i will read to find out i guess!

yay for jill stamps. hope to see you in my mailbox!