Thursday, May 31, 2007

Only 7 more hours...

I go in for my wisdom-teethectomy today at 3:00pm (yikes) and am feeling a little bit shaky, a little bit nervous about it. It will be a relief to have it all over with, I just fear a rough recovery. The thought of having 4 gaping holes in my mouth doesn't sound so good, especially when trying to eat.

Speaking of eating, I can't eat 8 hours before the surgery so Lori and I met at IHOP this morning at 6:00am. We both ended up being early and were at the door saying "open, open" at 5:47am! What in the world? They didn't even open until 6:00am. Good grief. We loaded up with a hearty breakfast (the most I've eaten since last Friday) so hopefully I'll be okay until I can eat again (whenever that may be). Lori has a job interview in Salt Lake at 9:00 this morning, but was really kind to suggest and follow through with this early-morning breakfast scheme. I probably wouldn't have eaten anything if we hadn't done this.

I failed to post a picture last week of the good mail Michelle A. hand-delivered to me when we met for lunch. She brought me some Canadian goodies (the Moose Droppings were eaten right away and all by me). Thanks Michelle!

I got my first good mail from my old BYU friend Sarah this week. She sent me this really nice Monet card full of nice words, along with a load of tasty milk chocolate (my favorite). I was in the pits of despair when I received her package so I couldn't eat any of it, but was definitely happy to receive some good mail. Thanks Sarah!

I also received this cute thank you card from Miss Fancy, Sista#2 herself. Thanks Janae!

I also got this wickedly cute card (if I do say so myself) from Sista #5 Anna on the same day. Thanks Anna!


This is what the desk next to my bed looks like these days. Even though I've been miserable and spending large amounts of time in bed, this scene still makes me happy. I love to see the good mail (which Randy delivered to me while I was praying for death on Tuesday). Good times. Sarah also sent me this great Ralph Waldo Emerson quote (leaning on the lamp in the picture) which I failed to include in the picture of the good mail she sent.


Today is Whitney's last day of school. The "dance festival" was yesterday morning so I spent an hour standing in the hot sun, feeling dizzy and weepy (because of my meds) waiting for her to do her dance. She wasn't very enthusiastic (remember the Not So Holly Jolly Christmas performance?). I'm glad school is almost over, I'm sick of running back and forth to the school everyday and am looking forward to having no schedule for awhile.

P.S. Amie needs help with her RS lesson this week, read her post today and weigh in okay?

**I've got nothing to say.**

17 comments:

michelle said...

I've been so worried about you -- it's good to see an update. I'm glad you were able to have a good breakfast, I assume you had some soft pancakes? Good thinking, Lori.

I hope the surgery goes well and the recovery is better than you fear. At least you are used to not being able to eat very much, so that won't come as a great shock. And you can spend some more time reading in the cozy. I just hope someone will take your kids so you can recover stress-free...

Good luck!

Jill said...

I failed to mention that Amie is picking up the kids at 2:00 and taking them to my mom's to sleepover until tomorrow afternoon, so that should help a lot.

Amie said...

I am hoping for a speedy recovery, it only seems fair that all your suffering beforehand should count against your recovery time.

I think you should leave your kids out here as long as possible. I could bring them back just in time for bed tomorrow night or Saturday afternoon sometime. We will talk when I get there, start scheming, we all owe you! Make a list of anything you need and call me, I can pick things up on my way to your house... it is really throwing me off that you are not eating.

Amie said...

Also, what the heck? I thought IHOP was open 24 hours, do they false advertise too?!

melanie said...

What a good idea to have early breakfast today. I always thought ihop was 24hrs too. Weird.

So nice that the kids will be with your parents. Without meaning to they can be so loud and annoying when all you need is peace and quiet.

Good luck! Sending healing thoughts your way...

Rebekah said...

Embrace the pain meds, baby!

annalisa said...

That was very sweet of Lori to take you to breakfast. Good luck with the surgery!

Natasha said...

First of all, what in the world are "moose droppings?"
Luci finished school a week ago and I am loving the no schedule thing with the kids too. I am looking forward to both of my kids being in the same day camp next week though so I can get some work done. Good luck with surgery and have Interim Blogger let us know how you fare!

stefanie said...

Oh Jill, I have been in your shoes. I had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted about six years ago. It was a memorable experience to say the least.

I woke up while they were still working on my last one. Fortunately I was completely numb and still very groggy or I probably would have been freaking out.

My best advice to you is TAKE THE DRUGS... TAKE ALL OF THEM. The pain was wicked for a couple of days and it was probably two weeks before I could eat a sandwich. Be prepared to eat lots of soft food and everything has to be in tiny bites.

Christina said...

praying for death-that was funny!

amie is such a good friend isnt she! she rocks!

oh that breakfast waffle thing looks sooooooooooo dang good!!!

good luck on the teethoctomy-is that really what its called?? i hope recovery is quick!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I am sure it will be a relief to have them out after all the pain you've been in. Your mouth will rejoice! I'll be thinking of you this afternoon!

collette said...

My thoughts are with you! I tried calling and then read your blog and realized you are most likely still at the doctor's. I had been meaning to call all day - sorry I am late!!!

I hope this helps and that you recover quickly.

becca said...

I love Ihop...love their avocado and cheese omlette (I think I am drooling jsut thinking about it! :)

I hope the surgery went well and that your pain can subside now that the source of the pain are out. After all the torture you have already gone through I am hoping this will not be so bad!!

Lauralee said...

oh, hope it went okay.. I still have those wisdom teeth, it scares me to have the surgery.. and no need yet.. let us know how it goes!
fun to go out for breakfast.. I love breakfast food..what a treat!

Marie said...

Hope your dental ordeal is over soon and comfortably!

Barb said...

Well, by how you're home and recovering. I hope you have a swift recovery!

The 6am breakfast is brilliant, but not something you'd get done on your own. What a good sister!

And, that is some unique Quebec candy you got from Michelle A. I don't recognize any of it!

Sarah said...

I got all my wisdom teeth yanked at BYU - it was awful! I remember staggering back to my apartment afterwards through very deep snow - all the drugs might have warped my recollections though. I even have a very cute picture of me with chipmunk cheeks since I got all swollen afterwards. I hope you're feeling better with the darn things out of your mouth. You'll be back on solid foods in no time!