
Remember last summer how Claudia's surprise visit to Utah to attend the blog party turned into a one month stay? Well this past week with her has been the same, but different. They stayed the first 5 nights at Claudia's brother's house and then were planning on leaving after 1 night at our house, but ended up staying 3 nights. Each night we would discuss plans for the next day and I'd say, "If you stay another day we can...so Thursday night I said, "If you stay another day you can come to Creative Friday with me." I think those were the magic words she was waiting to hear.

If you've ever received a card from Claudia then you know she adores embellishing her cards with stickers, so I brought my binder FULL of packages of stickers and things for her to play with. She spent quite awhile just flipping through the sheet protector pages admiring each package of goodness.

Eva was delighted we brought Alexei and Jorvik with us because she always wants to have someone to play with. The trampoline bouncing was a good time for them except for when they decided to chase her around, she was definitely not keen on that.

Michelle brought out dessert before we ate lunch and we could not resist these tasty cookies.

Claudia was very pleased to partake in one of Michelle's great lunches. This time we had mini panini sandwiches and Southwestern Corn soup.

Here is a shot of the our table early on in our creative time. I love pictures like this because they end up being a time capsule of what we were working on that day. Michelle was working on Eva's First Year Album, Claudia (at this point) was flipping through her Vogue magazine, I was prepping photo cards.

Michelle took this great picture of Claudia with her famous fountain pen. She adores this pen and uses it to write on most of her cards.

I handed Max my camera at the end of the day and he took some interesting shots which showed some new perspectives of Creative Friday, like this one from above us.

The time went too quickly (as always) but we still had to take time for some self-portraits. Claudia has long arms and was able to hold the camera, even from the right hand side. Crazy.
**Have you ever received one Claudia's great cards?
Do you enjoy M&M cookies?
Would you ever extend your trip like she does?
Do you like stickers?**
Do you enjoy M&M cookies?
Would you ever extend your trip like she does?
Do you like stickers?**
23 comments:
It sure was fun having Claudia join us! I never seem to be able to extend my trips like she does, but I always, always want to...
I love m&m cookies, it's like a magical melding of my two favorite treats. And I think it was a great idea to give Max the camera! (why didn't we ever think of that before?)
m&m cookies are the best!
:)
Missy
What a fun visit from a fun friend! I must say I am quite jealous of Claudia's appearance at Creative Friday, as I am remembering last Friday when my girls and I were there.
I just made M&M cookies this week for Sarah to take to school on her birthday, and yes, I have received a sweet postcard from Claudia and have admired her elegant handwriting.
I have been the lucky recipient of one of Claudia's cards. She has an ability to make you feel important and I appreciated it.
I think she and Kristi could travel well together...they'd make their itinerary as they go!
what a great photo of the 3 of you. claudia is so cute. i love her cards and have been lucky to receive a couple from her!
i can't imagine having the freedom to extend a trip! perhaps someday... it sounds like the way to go!
Fun to see Claudia's fountain pen, which has written a few cards I have received. Claudia is so cute!
Definintely enjoy M&M cookies.
Wish I could be as spontaneous as Claudia with all her travels, but I most certainly am not since having kids.
that was Laurie B.
Have a great Sabbath!
i have been handing the camera off to the the two oldest kids a lot more recently, they've been doing a great job, future bloggers eh?
i'm so glad missy clausdia could join you, i'm a little jelaous of the mini paninis and soup - michelle is a heck of cook!
and i think i need to try a fountain pen, i think i would love it.
sometimes I wish I could be spontaneous enough to do something like extending my stay....alas, I am too much of a planner. what does her husband do while they stay and she is out playing with the girls.
These pictures are all so great. I love cookies and if m&m's are in them, all the better. The mini panini's are cute and that picture of Claudia with them is beautiful! I love these special guest appearances on your creative Fridays!
someday, i would love to travel the way claudia does. i am way too rigid with schedules and timelines.
i continues to be amazed with the creative goodness that ensues every friday!
mini paninis sound like a great idea for lunch!
I was lucky enough to receive one of Claudia's very cool cards and I am so loving her fountain pen! I wish I made the kind of trip where you would want to extend but usually I am just so glad to get home and put some space between me and my kids! Fun the she could stay for creative friday!
You are lucky to have a friend like Claudia. I have also been lucky to get one of her cards, I love her handwriting. Tell her that I love her black hair flowers!
I have been so out of the loop! I had no idea Claudia was staying with you. Sounds like so much fun, and I love her cards. They are full of interesting and beautiful things -- embellishments and handwriting.... Enjoy your time together!
I love that Claudia is so spontaneous and staying around for more fun. I would love to be able to do that on a trip. Claudia, you look SO cute in all these photos, can I have the name of your stylist? I am feeling old and frumpy lately. Those cookies look so yummy- I am still waiting for Michelle to start a blog of all the Friday recipes. You leave me drooling every week when I see what you ate.
As usual, I love all of the great photos of CF! :)
I think I would make a huge mess if I used a fountain pen but I do love stickers...
Hey, thanks for your nice comment on my blog...not long after your comment I got my first nasty anonymous comment and I am feeling your pain on those...what is with people?!
Yes, I've received one of Claudia's fabulous cards. I love her handwriting!
Yes, I enjoy M&M cookies!
No, I almost never extend trips like Claudia does.
Yes, I do like stickers!
claudia's handwritting is out of this world i would love to witness her doing it someday!
I am smiling from kristi's comment...now maybe I will take a calligraphy class.....Hey It was sooo fun, thank you for inviting me and making me stay the last day, it was totally worth it. I love love love love girl time, it is just precious and sooo needed. I am appreciative of my weekly rendez-vous with Esther, I would go insane if I didn't...but the only thing we create is a space to fill up with tasty food...still creative! Well what can i say...You are the best and Michelle was so gracious in having me over with the boys. I loved loved loved loved loved her cookies! and all the goodness around. I wished it had never ended...good thing I took my watch off...it took me by surprised when you said, "it's time to go!"
Oh dear...my new and best forward goal someday will be to have beautiful manicured hands like Amie! ohhh the joy of french manicure and I will use lotion from here until i see you again so my hands can look and feel smoother! What a goal!
Claudia is a person I want to know. So fun that you three got to share a creative Friday. That would definitely be the day I'd want to spend with you & Michelle!
I would love to use a fountain pen like her. How fun to decide to extend a trip...that sounds like a real vacation, unstructured and free!
We can't have M & M cookies because of my daughter's food allergy....and my compulsive over-eating of all things chocolate!
Oh my, I just want to come for the lunch and the treats! Yum!
Post a Comment