Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bullet Point Blogging


  • Landon stayed home sick today. I think this is his 2nd sick day of the whole school year.
  • I was showing Whitney my 2 inch roots this morning when she recoiled in horror and said, "There's so much gray!!" Ouch.


  • Thankfully, I got my hair cut and colored today.
  • I have been working on an Etsy order and some good mail today and have been watching a different version of Pride & Prejudice through Netflix streaming today, and think it's funny that I experience the same disdain for Mr. Darcy, Mrs. Bennett, Lydia, Mary and Mr. Collins no matter what version I see! Even though I know how it ends, I'm still at the point (this is a 6 part series) of finding Mr. Darcy repugnant.
  • I wish I was as articulate as Elizabeth Bennett.
  • I'm going visiting teaching tomorrow, and wish it wasn't so late in the month.


  • Our daffodils bloomed this week.

**What did you do today?**

19 comments:

Sandy said...

* went to work
* got a few groceries at Walmart
* paid bills
* primary activity planning meeting
* made dinner
* washed dishes
* read your blog!

Ashley said...

Is it late in the month already? That's bad news for the rest of us!

I want Cafe Rio too. Always.

Kelly said...

I like bullet point blogging. Sometimes that's the best way.

I'm curious which version of P&P you are watching. Yea for daffodils! I miss spring bulbs!

Barb said...

Man, I admire your dedication to blogging. The daily stuff is such a big part of life, I need to improve in this!
(today i grocery shopped, worked out, and had a RS board meeting, went to Jaclyn's badminton meet, and went to RS book club for the first time ever.)

Amie said...

I froze (almost to death) at a soccer game.

patsy said...

your daffodils are in bloom already?
daffodils are my very favorite flower.

I need the same treatment to my hair, but no time & no money & no time... did I mention that already? it's a crazy house here... and I don't prioritize well.

boo- on sickness, it's just not right with spring here!!

patsy said...

p.s. I wish I could articulate like her too- sometimes.

Elizabeth said...

I rode to the grocery store on my bike and then proceeded to forget that I did. I came out of the store with a cartful of groceries. Luckily I had a bungy cord and hung a bunch off the back of babys seat and a bunch on the handle bars. It was a sight to see

Rebekah said...

Thank you! I am NOT a Mr. Darcy fan. Not at the beginning of the film, and not at the end.

michelle said...

*Took Eva to dance.
*Went visiting teaching.
*Played stuffed animals with Eva and fell asleep on the floor of her room.
*Worked on my mom's birthday gift. Missed the mail.
*Took Max to the doctor.
*Made cookies.
*Took Max to the hospital for an x-ray.
*Brought home take-out.
*Watched American Idol.
*Still did zero yard work.

I wish I was as articulate as Elizabeth Bennett as well. Emily and I started watching the newest BBC version of Emma on Sunday and it was delightful! (even though Emma is completely clueless.)

emily said...

:: Worked for a couple hours
:: Met with my business communications class group to work on our project
:: Sat through a painful hour and 15 minutes of class because I desperately had the use the bathroom the whole time, but couldn't find an opportune time to exit the classroom
:: Clocked in a few more hours at work
:: Worked on accounting at the library
:: Made a dinner/Walmart run with Jordin
:: Spent more time at the library
:: Came home, made a to-do list for today, and went to bed

Alisa said...

Oh cafe rio- I had it a week ago while in Colorado- they just opened one up in Denver. I was so glad to get some- it had been "gasp" almost 9 years since I have had the real thing!

Seeing your cafe rio craving made me forgot what I was going to comment!

jenn said...

Are you happy when Elizabeth ends up with Mr. Darcy in the end? Does he redeem himself in any way? How did I not know you felt this way?

My daffodils are struggling and I hope that they bloom.

I'm busy catching up. Why does it take so long?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my getting hair colored & cut days!!!!! The shampooing is worth the $$$$$! It's my favorite and it feels so good!!

Tasha said...

-I'm craving Cafe Rio too.
-Evie has missed 16 days of kindergarten this year. We just pull her out willy nilly to get out of town.
-Nothing is blooming here because its still too bloody cold.
-I got 3 cavities filled and am thankful that my dentist is old school and still offers the gas. I kind of look like Landon now, minus the puke bowl.
-Today I miss my grandpa, who died a year ago today.

Michelle said...

*7:00am meeting with contractor
*made lunches
*sent kids off to school
*worked out
*paid work bills
*had a facial - don't hate me - it's my reward for losing 25 pounds
*went to work
*still at work - but reading your blog
*will be picking up Kristen from dance soon
*then dinner, dishes and DONE!

{natalie} said...

everytime i see other people's daffodils blooming i am so mad that i still haven't planted any. i love them.

i have mt. kilamanjaro growing on my chin and it makes me so bad. i had bad skin in high school, i deserve good skin now for crying out loud!!

Sarah said...

I can sympathize with the gray hair (except mine are white, even worse!) - I just chopped all my hair off again and thought the lady had rubbed some powder in my hair with the clippers, until I realized it was just all my white hairs! I was shocked I had that much, it had been hiding while my hair was long. I'm leaving it be for now, we'll see how long it takes before I color it. Yikes.

Natasha said...

Gorgeous daffodils!