
Last night was the final performance of the Fourth Grade play so Randy, Lori, Whitney and I went to watch Landon perform. Whitney and I had already seen it on the first day with Amie, James & Jessica, but this performance for a room packed full of parents and siblings was so much more fun. (My mom went to yesterday's morning performance, but I don't have a photo of them together because I wasn't there.)

I think the excitement in the room, plus the fact that this was their third time performing it made it better. The kids seemed more animated, especially Landon. I had mentioned to him that it was okay to appear to be having fun, even if he was a mountain man.
{Video of the Rock Cycle Song, it's catchy.
Landon's on the top row.}
{Landon's part}
I was so impressed with how well done everything was. This involved 4 Fourth Grade classes of 30 kids each, so that's a whole lot of kid-craziness to harness.

I was also impressed that they are selling formal shots of all the kids in their costumes individually, then with their group, and with the entire cast and a dvd of the performance all for $14! The pictures turned out great. They had them posted around the gym so we could see what we'd be getting, what kid wouldn't love to have something like this to remember this exciting thing they got to do?

Our group self-portrait, isn't it funny that Lori looks like she could be our teenage daughter love child? She and I are only 5 years apart, but she looks so much younger than me dang it!
After the performance and photo moments we went to JCW's for a dinner celebration (gifted to us unexpectedly by Lori, which was very nice). Landon was so thrilled about this that as we were leaving he said, "Geesh, all I have to do is be in a play and I get to go to JCW's?" Watch him turn into a thespian because of this.

I was also impressed that they are selling formal shots of all the kids in their costumes individually, then with their group, and with the entire cast and a dvd of the performance all for $14! The pictures turned out great. They had them posted around the gym so we could see what we'd be getting, what kid wouldn't love to have something like this to remember this exciting thing they got to do?

Our group self-portrait, isn't it funny that Lori looks like she could be our teenage daughter love child? She and I are only 5 years apart, but she looks so much younger than me dang it!
After the performance and photo moments we went to JCW's for a dinner celebration (gifted to us unexpectedly by Lori, which was very nice). Landon was so thrilled about this that as we were leaving he said, "Geesh, all I have to do is be in a play and I get to go to JCW's?" Watch him turn into a thespian because of this.
**Were you in shows like this as a kid?
Would you have loved to have a dvd of yourself like this?
Where do you go out to celebrate something?**
Would you have loved to have a dvd of yourself like this?
Where do you go out to celebrate something?**

14 comments:
I laughed out loud at the teenage daughter love child comment. Too too funny!
My son also had a part in his 4th grade play and it was so exciting for him. I don't think we have any dvd or professional pictures to show for it...but I took plenty!
How fun. I did nothing like this. A great memory for sure.
I was a big time thespian. In fact, this is so embarassing, but I lettered in choir and drama, so I have a letterman jacket, with those letters and on the back is a girl standing on an earth and it says "All the world's a stage". At the time I thought it was the coolest. I think I wore it like 3 times...
I think I would have loved the DVD, that is a great price!
I like to have Happy Sushi take out when I have been a patient mom on a hard day!
Oh I love this!
I agree by the end of the show the kids really get comfortable & enjoy it more. Final performances are always the best.
I love the pictures & dvd thing- great idea. What a fun time. this is such a great experience for kids!!
I just cracked up when you said "watch him become a thespian because of this"! Too funny. I can't believe the photos they had -- those are so good! It seems they did a great job of making it a big deal and a good experience for the kids.
I am really impressed with the great job the "school" did with this. Really fabulous.
Lori does look like a memeber of your immediate family....
Oh, the word thespian... so funny.
Looks like a great production. Around here we have a 5th grade play. It was great and really got our oldest excited about being on stage and in the spotlight! My problem was attending each performance and video taping each one so she could see how she did each time. I think it's a great experience for the kids. Glad your school made this happen for them.
That is really cool that they made photos and a dvd for everyone to purchase. And $14 is pretty cheap for all of that.
I remember playing Raggedy Anne in Kindergarten for some school thing. I was also in a play in high school. Around here we have to drive at least 30 minutes to get something our kids like to eat. So we usually eat Chinese or Japanese locally. Or pizza.
I know it is a 4th grade performance but I am impressed that YOU would attend twice! I know he's your flesh and blood and all that but there was acting AND singing!! Way to be a good mom!
(They are opening a JCW's by Thanksgiving Point- I know that's not close to you. I just thought it was happy that there will be more than one in the world!)
hey that is sooo cute, who would have thought we were going to have video so accesible by now....and lori is soo cute, maybe you should try out some bangs!
oh, you know i was in shows like this as a kid! (still am!)
when i was little, we always ALWAYS went to miniature golf and soft serve ice cream after dance recitals, piano recitals, choral concerts, etc., etc. tons of great memories!
I'm with Landon! I'd do just about anything for JCW's, too! His videos were adorable. Whenever you post about him, I find myself wishing he & Max could be buddies (same age).
The photos! What a great idea, & how very organized. I'm in awe.
What's up with the weather? You should have no snow right now. Just breezy, happy spring weather. I wish you no more snow, Jill Stuart!
It sounds like things are rocking over there at the elementary school. I would have loved to have a DVD of me back in the day, but would likely cringe when I watched it, just like I do with some of my old gymnastics videos. They are most unimpressive.
For me, celebration always involves pizza. And lately, creme brulee!
I think it was 5th grade when I had to be a sheep in a play and I hated every minute of it. So I say Good for Landon!!!
Reading your blog always makes me hungry!!
Post a Comment